Any Documentation/User guide updates expected ?

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Will there be any Documentation updates coming soon ?

Current Documentation = V 2.7

Current Rapid Composer s/w Ver = 2.82

-- atonal

++

May I do a little suggestion, Attila?

What would you think of the creation of a Wiki for RapidComposer? It would be opened to everybody in reading and only to the registered users in writing? The request to create an account by a registered user (the only case which allows to contribute in writing, so it avoids any kind of vandalism) would be simply validated by you (or one of your team) by comparison with your list of registered users (you already have the registered email address and the registering key of each one of us), and I think that there would not be a lot of management to do in the cruising speed (it can even be delegated to two or three persons you trust in your company). That method of a Wiki would represent much less work than the current work to the PDF help file. Probably less than one hour accumulated of real management per week.

And it would definitively resolve the problem of the parallelism between the updates of the application and the updates of the help.

There are already many common applications whose help is managed that way.

Everywhere there are many people who are glad to contribute to something, just by being volunteers to a collective work on something they enjoy. It is obvious that among us there are already users who would be OK to help you that way.

And Chris would have much less charge on the shoulders with that PDF help file, since the help Wiki becomes a collective work starting from his huge excellent document (I think that he obviously would like to not be called for each update and would be happy to see that suggestion). If he is OK he could even be our chief for the validation of our contributions. Infinitely less work for him.

The way I see that thing resembles much more to Citizendium (a validated account is required to contribute) than to Wikipedia (stupidly opened in writing to everybody even without any account). It guaranties the reliability of the articles.
Last edited by BlackWinny on Fri Jan 30, 2015 6:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

great idea !

BlackWinny wrote:May I do a little suggestion, Attila?

What would you think of the creation of a Wiki for RapidComposer?
I like this idea. Crowd-sourcing may be the best way to keep this resource up-to-date. Of course, Attila will still have to verify that the documentation is valid and correct. It would be helpful, too, if the native English-speaking users of RC could chip in as copy editors to make sure that user-contributed documentation is free of typographical errors and that the English grammar is correct.
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Yes, this is a good idea, BlackWinny! It came at the best time, because Chris wanted to work on the manual this week. I just wanted to ask you what you would like to see more explanation about.

Chris did a great job on the manual, but I never liked that the manual is so static, while the program improves dynamically, and updates are posted more frequently than the manual could be updated. Sometimes I could add a paragraph about a new function quickly, but I was not able to do it.

One cannot create an account at Citizendium at the moment. Do you know about any similar websites, where this is manageable?
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

Another option is to install a wiki engine (e.g. DokuWiki) on our server. I'll need some time to investigate this.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote:Do you know about any similar websites, where this is manageable?
Hmm... is WikiDot a possibility?
[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

Return to “MusicDevelopments”