download question...

Official support for: sonigen.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! I'm downloading the new version, but even though I chose to save to disk (instead of run) I get a warning from the iE SmartScreen security scan saying something like "SonigenModularSetup.exe is not downloaded in a common way and could harm your computer -- Actions: delete file or don't run the program".
Now, I know it's safe because I installed and tried the previous version (which if I remember well also caused the same smartscreen warning) and there wasn't any problem that I could detect anyway, but... why is the SmartScreen complaining when it usually never complains about other VSTis I've found through KVR?
Thanks.
www.youtube.com/Synthillator
er... keep on rocking (despite all obstacles :shrug: ) :band2:

Axis1~SL61 wrote:why is the SmartScreen complaining when it usually never complains about other VSTis I've found through KVR?
Thanks.
It's downloaded via a PHP script that counts the number of downloads. Why that would trigger an alert I don't know though.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote:
Axis1~SL61 wrote:why is the SmartScreen complaining when it usually never complains about other VSTis I've found through KVR?
Thanks.
It's downloaded via a PHP script that counts the number of downloads. Why that would trigger an alert I don't know though.
Thanks -- maybe you should put this in the FAQ to reassure future beta testers/users that there's no danger involved?... just my "2 cents"...
Anyway, I've downloaded the new version and it's already installed and during the installation process it didn't trigger any further problems or warnings.
Thanks again.
www.youtube.com/Synthillator
er... keep on rocking (despite all obstacles :shrug: ) :band2:

Return to “Sonigen”