FL + Sonigen = big headache

Official support for: sonigen.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi, Chris! Greetings from Sweden. I must say I love Sonigen Modular, but there is a few things that bother me a lot:

1. The Pulsar oscillator has a typo: The knob Semi adjusts octaves. :)

2. You gotta unhook the PC keyboard when running in FL Studio. Why?

Start FL Studio and load Sonigen Modular. Now exit FL Studio. You're quitting Sonigen via FL Studio without sending information to FL Studio to quit it. This bug can potentially lead to memory leeks. This bug also have the side effect that you cannot use any of the shortcuts in FL Studio. None of 'em.

Now for a request in the final version. Instead of limiting the window to 4 column, why not add scrollbars to let the user scroll around in the window to add as many columns as he / she wants?

Oh by the way. How much will the finished plugin cost?
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

jobromedia wrote:Hi, Chris! Greetings from Sweden. I must say I love Sonigen Modular, but there is a few things that bother me a lot:

1. The Pulsar oscillator has a typo: The knob Semi adjusts octaves. :)
Right mouse button does semitones.
2. You gotta unhook the PC keyboard when running in FL Studio. Why?

Start FL Studio and load Sonigen Modular. Now exit FL Studio. You're quitting Sonigen via FL Studio without sending information to FL Studio to quit it. This bug can potentially lead to memory leeks. This bug also have the side effect that you cannot use any of the shortcuts in FL Studio. None of 'em.
I dont I understand what you mean.

Now for a request in the final version. Instead of limiting the window to 4 column, why not add scrollbars to let the user scroll around in the window to add as many columns as he / she wants?
Well i'd still like to have a limit but it can be made larger.
Oh by the way. How much will the finished plugin cost?
Somewhere around £90 i think.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Fine. Let's try to simplify this a bit then. :)

Download, install, and start FL Studio

1. Load any other plugin
2. The window shows up as it should.
3. Press F12, the window closes as it should do.
4. Open up the plugin again, and press ALT+F4.
5. FL Studio reads the keyboard input, checks if changes has been done, and alerts the user to save the file.

1. Load Sonigen Modular.
2. The window shows up as it should.
3. Press F12, Sonigen Modular remains open.
4. Press ALT+F4.
5. Sonigen quits the DAW without no chance for the user to save any changes that has been done.

Fact is that Sonigen locks and loads the keyboard to only respond to Sonigen's demands. Not the DAW's demands. I repeat: Not the DAW's demands. This means that no keystrokes is passed through to FL Studio when the Sonigen window is open. Ever.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

Ok thanks for the detail, I'll look into it.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

I use FL 11 and it works great for me. No issues , just total awesomeness !!

Return to “Sonigen”