Zen betatesting

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Big Tick wrote:rlahalla, just send me your zen/ folder and I will have a look at your database.
Give me a few and I'll grab it for you..

ok. Meanwhile... here is version 071610:
- midi learn for user sliders (with the limitations described above). Right-click on a slider to select "learn", then send a midi control or move a control on the vsti window.
- option to disable automatic sorting of tags (in zen.properties)
- support for several skins (in zen.properties)
- latest changes to the default skin by Asseca - looking good !
- support for vsti's that don't use the chunk format (like the FabFilter ones)
- add keyboard support to browse through presets in vsti's windows - this is really nice when using with autoimport: click on the vsti window bar, now the right/left arrows keys can be used to cycle through presets. This only work with vsti's that support the "bank" concept, though.

I'll activate Twin II vsti shortly. Don't use it with previous versions of the beta.

Thank you all for your efforts - it is getting better every day. Now if only I could fix these remaining stability and sound issues...
Last edited by Big Tick on Fri Jul 16, 2010 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Good news rlahalla:
- I have found the problem with the Gladiator crash, it should be fixed in the next update.
- Regarding Sylenth1, I have just contacted Lennard - I used a debug version of Sylenth1 for development, and it seems that presets generated with this version can't be loaded back into the official Sylenth1.

rlahalla wrote:the newest update says "cannot find the file specified" again
When I try to run zen.exe and Rhino2.exe, then I see an error dialog: "The system cannot find the file specified".

I think both EXEs are searching for Avrt.dll which is not available on my WinXPsp2 system. Apparently this file is installed by WMP11, which I would prefer not to install on my system ...

I don't think I have WMP11 installed on mine either - using WinXP SP3 here.

Big Tick wrote:ok. Meanwhile... here is version 071610:
Now if only I could fix these remaining stability and sound issues...
sorry but the standalone of this version still doesn't give out any sound
and rhino still crashes it
I got a runtime error here in reaper 64 bit I didn't get before :-?

Big Tick wrote:I don't think I have WMP11 installed on mine either - using WinXP SP3 here.
According to Sysinternals' File Monitor both EXEs stops on this DLL when it shows the error dialog. Try searching your C-drive to see if Avrt.dll is somewhere on your disk, if it is try renaming it and see if you then also get the error dialog ...

rsmus7 wrote:
Big Tick wrote:ok. Meanwhile... here is version 071610:
Now if only I could fix these remaining stability and sound issues...
sorry but the standalone of this version still doesn't give out any sound
and rhino still crashes it
I got a runtime error here in reaper 64 bit I didn't get before :-?
Did you try changing the output settings in the Config?

bM3w wrote: Did you try changing the output settings in the Config?
I did it now,
and I get now sound

but

it sets my ASIO buffer size to 4096 samples

even when I change it in the soundcard controll panel to a different setting it changes it again

my sound card is a m-audio delta 1010lt

I have the latest 64 bit drivers installed

:?

and regarding Rhino crashes, which Rhino version are you using ? even the latest 2.08 acts weird with Zen, so you'd rather wait for 2.09.

rsmus7, regarding ASIO and the standalone... it is a little quirk that I never got around to fix, mainly because the standalone was mostly used for my own internal tests, and never intended to be released... until users insisted :)

Anyway, what you need to do is set the latency using one of the directsound drivers. This value will then be used when selecting the ASIO driver.

Version 071710 is now online:
- fixes crashes with Gladiator
- fixes crashes when loading back a song using Zen
- automation: you can now automate the 6 Zen parameters, as well as all the plugin parameters.

Regarding Sylenth1 "silent" issue, it is because the uploaded presets have been created with the beta of the upcoming Sylenth1 version. If you update your Sylenth1 to this version, it should work.

'Tick

Thanks for the v071710 ... :)

I have first loaded Synth1 - "A Very Arp-Ik" and found a few problems:

In VstHost when I move e.g. Zen slider #1 in Zen's GUI, then the value changes in VstHost's parameter list, however I cannot change the value in VstHost's parameter list to change the value of slider #1 in Zen's GUI.

Also I don't see any parameter names in VstHost's parameter list.

Yes. The automation problem is easily fixed (I forgot to declare the Zen sliders as automatable).

The controls names issue, though, is more problematic: VstHost queries the plugin for its parameters names only once, right after loading it. At this point Zen doesn't have any plugin loaded yet, so its parameters names list is empty.

Unfortunately this is another shortcoming of the vst protocol, where there is no way for the plugin to notify the host that the list of parameters have changed.

Hosts deal with this in different manners:
- Energy XT queries the parameters names whenever they are needed, so it works very nicely with Zen.
- Reaper defines some extensions to the vst standard, to notify the host that the number of parameters has changed - hopefully Reaper reloads the list when this happens.

I'll wait for the update to see if changing parameter names will work with asHost, it works with Absynth5, so the VST protocol is not preventing changing names.
But correct, changing parameter names in Absynth does not update VstHost...

and... v071810 is online now (uploaded at a dizzying rate of 631 b/s, thanks to T-mobile).

This release fixes the issue with the 6 control sliders that couldn't be automated, plus a few fixes for some random crashes (with all hosts) so make sure you get it.

Not much since last version, but I've been really busy convincing Zen to compile on OSX :)

'Tick

Return to “Big Tick”