Zen known issues

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

and Zen 64bits, right ? not Zen 32bits ?

Yes.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Hi, thanks for this excellent plugin. One bug: On my system it crashes on Zebralette.

kind regards

clickglue wrote:Hi, thanks for this excellent plugin. One bug: On my system it crashes on Zebralette.

kind regards
What OS are you on ?

Now i download new Zen 1.7.1 and trying download presets for some my synths and manipulate presets, banks, tags, etc, but the work did not happened - Zen all time is cut down, like this

after 10 min working in "on-line" mode Zen devours all comp memory, look at screenshot

and my comp stop working until i close zen :o

Maybe try serverupdater.exe? but where can I get it?

Attention! Badly needed Panic button! because Zen do not send NoteOff during switch between presets
Music - is my life

The server updater (ZenDaemon.exe) should be included in the installer, and installed in C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Big Tick\Zen.

Make sure you get the latest (1.7.1) version.

As for sending NoteOff during switch, you actually don't want that - you want to be able to hold down a note, change presets and have this note keep playing. When you release the note, then it will stop. If it doesn't work this way, then this is a bug - please let me know if this happens with some specific presets.

Having said that, yes, a Panic button could be useful.

Hi Big Tick! :)
naturally... 1.7.1 :) daemonx64 i also run, and result is the same: devouring the entire RAM in several minutes :(

As for the problem with preset freeze during switches, that it is mainly was observed with Kontakt presets
Music - is my life

Ah, I think I know why - someone managed to upload a few corrupted Kontakt presets that I need to track down.

but these presets like factory Library :)
Music - is my life

Yes I think they got damaged during the upload, for some unknown reason. First time this ever happened....

Hello,

hope this is the right place to post this.

I've decided to try Zen one more time even there is no bridge yet (key feature for the real purpose of Zen IMHO, where you can truly transparently browse all your plucks or basses across all your synths (no matter if 32 or 64)) just for fun.

And I came across a few little problems, I'm not sure if it was mentioned by someone else before so sorry if I talk about something redundant ;)

The rig here is a win 7 laptop x64, with several thousands plugins in a mixed 32/64 folder. I used Zen 1.7.1 and I choosed the 64 bit version, maybe what I will talk about is already irrelevant in v 1.7.2, so sorry again.

First I'm happy since previous version I used that there is a plugin scanner ! It's over to relaunch Zen over and over after each crash but.... the scan of my thousand plugs folder didn't complete anyway and after that when I rescan I got thousands of pop ups to ask if I want to blacklist or not previously failed plugs. Maybe I miss something and there is an option to automatically blacklist all the failed plug ?? Of course all 32 bits plugs crashed in zen 64, couldn't they just be blacklisted by default since they re 32 ? So I had to spend 2 hours to click yes yes yes yes :) Anyway hope the bridge is coming soon ^^

Then I gave up, I made a little folder with the synths I wanted to use, just for testing purposes. I got problem with my DiscoveryPro, saying the version number is not same or something, cannot load it manually. I couldn't load Discovery patches into DiscoveryPro for same reason. Cannot load Z3ta 2 too, again saying version number mismatch (Zen shows Z3ta+ ? Even if it is the old version in DB, Z3ta 2 can load Z3ta+ patches).

I don't see Rapture and Harmor in the synth list, are they not yet compatible with Zen ?

Can we choose for which synth patches are downloading ? Sometimes it is really long to d/l the 3000+ patches for a synth, while u quickly want to start with another one that has only 60 patches, but the 3000 one is downloading first.

Thanks for your answers !

Love Zen, but hard to use to full potential for now ^^

If you disable a synth in the settings, it will stop downloading patches for it. Then you can re-enable it when the other ones have finished downloading.

I would love to have a bridge too, but it is an enormous task.

Thank you for your answer ;)

I understand about the work to code a bridge, and this is no problem, Zen amaze me already, u did a great job with it. If the bridge is a though task, maybe it is better to focus on Zen itself first and not loose time implementing something that could already be fixed by a third party app (jbridge) as u mentioned in an other thread. In an ideal world a bridge would make Zen transparent in use (or in an ideal world there would only one format of plugins), but it is quite usable already, if I focus on my commercial plugs, they are all 64 bits, so I'll manage with Zen32 and Zen64 for now ^^. Forget I mentioned the bridge thing one more time, the others problems are more interesting.

Just for your information, I had a crash too while loading Zen in two different daw at same time (I know, unusual context). Zen Daemon stopped working, but a relaunch fixed it.

Thank you for the tip about de-activation to choose which plug is downloading first ^^

But concerning the versions number I don't understand what is happening, can I force a plugin to use his presets ? To give you a little more details here is what is happening when I tried to load DiscoveryPro64 into Zen-x64 (by selecting the dll manually) :
Effect ID mismatch: expected 44445678, found 44505678 (DPVx).
I'm not sure what to do then... Maybe I should try 1.7.2 ?

Unfortunately you can't do much about it - apparently Discovery changed its effect ID and so Zen can't recognize it. This is all part of some bigger changes I have been working on.

Big Tick wrote:Unfortunately you can't do much about it - apparently Discovery changed its effect ID and so Zen can't recognize it. This is all part of some bigger changes I have been working on.
Thank you for your answer ! Really appreciated.

I felt that with the older version of Zen I could "force" load a plug-in instead of another. For example Dune BE instead of full Dune, Discovery instead of Discovery Pro, and so on.
Of course if I loaded, I don't know, Oatmeal instead of Synth1, it would obviously no work (or crash don't remember). But many synths can use this "feature".

Discovery -> DiscoveryPro
Ultra Analog Session -> Ultra Analog VA-1 (and now there's V2 that seems to not be compatible with V1 :( but this I guess we can't do anything about it)
Synthmaster BE/CM -> SynthMaster
Curve BE/CM -> Curve
Aalto BE/CM -> Aalto
and so on ^^

Would be nice if we would still be able to do that in future updates of Zen. Maybe I'll go through all my synths and I make u a list of what works, and what doesn't. If it can help you for future updates ?

Cheers.

Return to “Big Tick”