Zenification requests

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Big Tick wrote:Does this happen with all vst's, or only some ?
It's unpredictable far as I can tell, but I will try to experiment with it tonight or tomorrow and try to details steps to replicate the problem. I'm afraid it might be an XT-specific problem. I really would like to like a different host, heh.
Big Tick wrote:Your workaround is not very convenient, it kinda defeats the purpose of using a preset manager...
It is inconvenient, but its not a deal-killer. And here's why: None of the synths I use it with don't have very good preset browsers, no sorting or categorization, and there's no way to share or get new presets without digging around online.
Big Tick wrote:I'll come up with something, some way for Zen to notify its host so that you could directly, from Zen, ask XT to create a new VST with the desired preset. Of course you would need to persuade the XT people to support it...
I wouldn't hold your breath, Xt's support is MIA. Unless you have cash for them it seems. :(
noise and beats: Negutyv Xeiro do people actually click these?
gearlust: Roland JP-8000, too much/not enough eurorack
machinecode by: u-he, Bitwig, Fabfilter, NI, et al

Hello BigTick :)

I'd like to request KarmaFX?

I was also thinking KV331 Synthmaster and CamalAudio Alchemy, but maybe there built patch save functions might make Zen redundant? Hmmm.

Have you tried to drop these plugins dll's into Zen ? This should be enough to activate them....

'Tick

Big Tick wrote:Have you tried to drop these plugins dll's into Zen ? This should be enough to activate them....

'Tick
Just tried this technique with Vember Audio Surge and it worked;

Surge has each individual preset as a fxp so dropping 102 polysynth Surge presets onto zen was a breeze; however how can I attach a category to all 102 at once?

Regards, James

Easy:

- Change the number of presets displayed in the search results (you will need to edit the zen.properties files)
- select all presets using shift-click, and then apply your tag to the entire selection.

Big Tick wrote:Easy:

- Change the number of presets displayed in the search results (you will need to edit the zen.properties files)
- select all presets using shift-click, and then apply your tag to the entire selection.
1. Where is the zen.properties file as its not in my vst folder no program file/big tick/zen folder AFAIK
2. Shift/Click works but but then how do I match a category to a selected preset. What do I do after I shift click select?

Regards, James
Last edited by sunhome on Thu May 26, 2011 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

It is in C:\Documents and Settings\<name>\Application Data\Big Tick\zen\

Once you've selected a bunch of presets, ctrl-click a tag and it will apply the tag to all the presets.

'Tick

Thanks that did work! One more question ...

1. Seem to need to delete a few categories that I added how is that done - shift/click puts a line thru but I want to delete.

Regards, James

Expand the list using the top left triangle, double-click the category to edit the name, and empty the name - this will delete the category.

Return to “Big Tick”