Tempo sync in Rhino's Harp Strings sound?

Official support for: bigtickaudio.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

does anybody know if there is any way to sync the tempo of the loop used in Rhino's Factory bank sound "Harp Strings" to the DAW's tempo? If so could you please tell me how? I'm using Logic 9.1.8. for Mac.

Many thanks
Peter

Hi,

The loop is a sample (as opposed to some of the other loop-style presets, which use rhythmic envelopes). As such, it is fixed to the tempo of the original sample.

Many thanks!

Still a great loop!

Best regards
Peter

I fought that battle a couple years ago when I wrote an instrumental using Harp Strings. I ended up just making the DAW tempo match the patch. Since the song it had a lazy feel anyway, it worked kinda nice.
1310th top poster out of 181396 members!

I bet it did - it's a nice beat. Too bad it can't be altered. But I'll probably compose one in that tempo as well. Many thanks for your input.
Peter

alternatively, if you adjust the pitch of OSC1 you can tweak the loop tempo....

That sounds like a good idea. Will try that this afternoon.

Many thanks for the continued support!
Peter

Hi Big Tick,

I've worked according to your suggestion and tweaked OSC 1 of Harpstrings. It has worked kinda nicely - many thanks. The tempo adjustments I needed were pitch coarse 1 notch up to +47 and pitch fine down to - 38. That way it fits tempo 96 quite nicely (still a bit edgy when there are note changes...).

However, whenever I save these changes (in Logic 9.1.8.) it immediately switches back to the original settings (which are pitch coarse +46 and pitch fine +34) after the saving process is over. Is there any way I can save these changes to a Rhino custom / user preset so that it doesn't get changed around? Or is there any other way I can avoid this problem? Last chance might be to bounce the region as an audio file, what do you think?

Many thanks for your concern and helping me getting a great track together !

Peter
Peter

P.S.: Adjusting pitch fine to -23 smoothes out the tempo accelerations whenever there's a change in notes. Great now! Hope the setting may be saved!
Peter

P.P.S.: Everything fine. I checked the manual regarding the basic question of saving changes and was able to do it. Sorry to bother you.

Many thanks and best regards
Peter

Return to “Big Tick”