Ambitron

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Ambitron is an experimental electronic synthesizer (VSTi) for Windows that employs granular synthesis in two separate and programmable layers each with extensive FX and Modulation Matrix modules which provide the user with maximum control over unique sound creation.

Please visit the M-RGT website for more information and examples and downloadable demo.

Ambitron preset sampler.

If you have questions please post them here.

A new version of Ambitron has been released that adds the following new features:

1. Compressor
2. Randomization of samples and/or presets
3. Pilotless mode - for continuous, non repetitive and random playing of samples and/or presets.

Details can be found here.

All existing customers will receive this new version.

If you are running Ambitron on 64 bit machines (I run in it on Windows 7) it runs fine except for a couple of annoyances that plague all 32 bit VSTi's running on a 64 bit platform. The VST properties page will not display the way it should and the instrument will be a separate window from the DAW.

The remedy is to use an application like jBridge.

Personally, I don't use it as the above issues do not effect the sound at all and I can live with the minor inconvenience which in no way affects the performance.

As my father always said, "progress is getting things to work as well as they used to."

Your father sounds like a very wise man...

Are there any plans for Win x64 versions psyBox and Ambitron? I ask because I was attempting to run several instances of psyBox in a single project in Sonar X1, and was having multiple problems with the different instances, such as one instance not running, or showing a blank GUI. I tried running under jBridge, but that was even worse. I ended up just bouncing each individual psyBox output to audio to deal with it. My bet is an x64 version would have a better chance of not having this problem.
Canartic
downtempo.dub.psychedelic.twang
lossless downloads here...

javahut wrote:Are there any plans for Win x64 versions psyBox and Ambitron? I ask because I was attempting to run several instances of psyBox in a single project in Sonar X1, and was having multiple problems with the different instances, such as one instance not running, or showing a blank GUI. I tried running under jBridge, but that was even worse. I ended up just bouncing each individual psyBox output to audio to deal with it. My bet is an x64 version would have a better chance of not having this problem.
It is something that is desired but since both are tied to Synth Edit's 64 bit time frame I have no idea when exactly that will be.

Just curious but I run Sonar 7 in 64 bit and it also allows for a 32 bit installation on the same machine. Does X1 also allow that?

Bobbotov wrote:Just curious but I run Sonar 7 in 64 bit and it also allows for a 32 bit installation on the same machine. Does X1 also allow that?
Yes, I'm pretty sure a 32 bit installation of X1 is allowed on the same machine. However, I've jumped on the "x64 exclusively" bandwagon, so I don't intend to ever use the X1 32 bit version.
Canartic
downtempo.dub.psychedelic.twang
lossless downloads here...

I haven't had any issues with Psybox or Ambitron, regardless of version...
I run a Win 7 64 bit system (i7 980x 3.33ghz, 12gb ram) and had no issues with the plugin.

32-bit: I tested in Abelton Live, FL studio (regular & extended memory version) and Sonar X1 32bit with no issues. I even loaded over 30 instances with no problems.

64-bit: Sonar x1, again no issues with either psyBox or Ambitron using multiple instances.

I do not use jBridge or any other separate bit bridge app (had a bad experience w jBridge that broke all my plugin names and I had to restore previous version to remedy).

Just as a side note, the sound is FANTASTIC :hihi: defintely worth running multiple copies through separate mixer channels!
Check out my music, psychedelic art, and videos at www.EtherTrogg.com

That is good to hear.

Thank you for this wonderful instrument!

You are welcome.

Hi there. Very keen on sampling the sounds of your instrument via the demo version but my small brain seems unable to be able to get any sound out of it apart from the white noise. Could you assist me ?

Thank you

caden23 wrote:Hi there. Very keen on sampling the sounds of your instrument via the demo version but my small brain seems unable to be able to get any sound out of it apart from the white noise. Could you assist me ?

Thank you
What is your computer set up?

Hi

Four year old HP laptop, 32 bit, 2gb RAM running Windows Vista, midi keyboard and FL Studio 10.9.

Thank you

Has the final version been released yet or is is still beta?
I have a licence but not received an email in a while.

ta
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Instruments”