Finding VST instruments on my Mac and

Official support for: bestservice.de
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

I have recently bought both Era and FKII. Upon reading the Engine manual, I saw that I could import vst instruments and fx into Engine. Now, I will be using Engine in Logic Pro X, so I guess I have two questions:

1) Where do I find these files? I usually use AUs, given that I use Logic, but I know the vst instruments are there, because that is what loads into Reaper. I tried to do a search on my computer, but didn't come up with anything intelligible.

2) Given that IKM instruments are 32 bit, even if I do import them into Engine, will they work within Logic Pro X without issues?

Vielen Dank,

Bombadil

PS, I love both libraries!
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Ok, from a google search, I found the vst instruments in my library/audio/plugins folder. I copied the vst file for Sonik Synth II into a folder named vst plugins in the Engine folder, but nothing has happened. I tried refreshing the library and looked for what else I could do, but couldn't find anything.

Suggestions, please?

Bombadil
“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Hi Bombadil,

i´m sorry but this feature isn´t available anymore in engine. It was also only available for FX vsts.

As far as i know the latest version 3.1 of Independence Pro has this feature included. It´s possible to load engine libraries also with Independence Pro.

NoSoniX wrote:Hi Bombadil,

i´m sorry but this feature isn´t available anymore in engine. It was also only available for FX vsts.

As far as i know the latest version 3.1 of Independence Pro has this feature included. It´s possible to load engine libraries also with Independence Pro.
Thank you for your reply. As far as this edition of the manual is concerned, it allowed for both instruments and fx. There's even a screenshot that includes IKM and Spectrasonics folders, and the latter doesn't make fx plugins.

It might be an idea to revise your manual to reflect these changes. I really don't appreciate wasting my time trying to do something that can't be done. Further, a native English writer would be helpful. :roll:

Bombadil
-Martin Luther King Jr.

Hi Bombadil,

we´re knowing about the manual, and it will be removed in the next version of it. (it´s on the todo list).

Instruments was only available (as far as i know) in one of the older versions of Independence... and not in the later versions 2.0 and upwards. We´ve used many parts of the manual which was initially written by yellow tools and there also the part about the vst plugins.

Return to “Best Service”