Music Tracker "all by" link

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed the music tracker column on the bottom right-hand side and saw I had a song on there at the moment, and then an "all by" link...

Incredible! I never noticed that before!

What a great idea. It had links to songs all the way back to the last Ugo Ironhead version demo songs I'd made!

I immediately thought, "Polyslax's song history?!"

I don't know if that function has always been here on KVR, but I certainly never noticed it.

cheers

very cool... never noticed that before :)

steve.

blaster78 wrote:very cool... never noticed that before :)

steve.
It appears that you find it through the "Visit the KVR Music Tracker" page and it's not on the normal list of songs you see whilst trolling.

Damn, I love this. Seriously, not having to download songs by people I've never heard of to see if I care to comment, and downloading someone's songs I may have missed while busy :)

b

u

m

p

Thanks for pointing it out, very cool feature.

I've been using this feature for quite a while now and loving it. However, the search only goes back so far, as I can only access the music people have posted up to about 3-4 years ago. You can even bookmark the pages for future reference. Here's mine.

Dusting this one off - it seems appropriate here:

Interesting changes over the last 5 or so years here at KVR with the music cafe and the sheer volume of songs being posted in it. Seems like submissions to the music cafe have risen somewhat exponentially over the past year or so. I see many songs on page 2 and 3 without any comments. Seeing all of the zero comment posts that fade onto page 2, 3 and even deeper in the list makes me wonder if the music cafe has reached some sort of saturation point.

Perhaps the cafe has reached some sort of point from a contribution standpoint where it might be worthwhile to have some type of a tagging or division of interest capability to filter song types.

I have gravitated to other sources of eclectic tunes in my past couple years, mainly to places where sorting based on user-contributed tagging is enabled.

Just wondering if that might be useful to folks here and wondering how hard it would be to implement. Seems like this 'all by artist' is/was an attempt at least one aspect of that.

Curious to get other opinions on this and also interested to hear from whomever might be responsible to implement such a feature. I can point the web developer to a few sources that might be willing to share their method for player filtering based on user tagging of songs.

-Scott

I agree fully, Scott, but I feel like Ben and crew are really uninterested in changing the way the cafe looks, behaves, codes, embeds, or anything else. The music tracker was the last update to that forum and no FR's posted about this cafe have been realized or acknowledged by anyone. Even I have wandered to other forums who spend a little more focus on the song development and sharing area of their websites. Updating filters, embedding options, coding, tagging/labeling, or just making the first damn page a little longer have all been suggested 100+ times each and nothing really comes of it. Sorry to be a downer, this used to be my home base and will always be a special place for me. I only get frustrated because I care.

jazzyspoon,

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm late to the tagged song game. Glad you are over at SoundCloud.

I would like to see a music player here like the one that we use at February Album Writing Month (would love to see/hear you there in February like some of our fellow KVRians) where the submitted song jukebox is filterable by tags, artists, etc.

If anyone else is watching this thread, join some of your fellow KVRians over at February Album Writing Month www.fawm.org for a curveball thrown into your creative process strike zone.

-Scott

Music tracker seems to be rather 'unwell' since the upgrade. Lots of quite valid tracks simply aren't appearing.
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I just had a quick look through recent posts, It appears that tracks posted using the "alternative text" option will no longer show up in the tracker. URL delimiters which only contain the link to the track (without any accompanying text) will appear in the tracker.

Return to “Site Stuff”