KVR Forum Upgrade - Xmas 2013

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

t3toooo wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Ben, will we see a '+1' or 'Like' option for posts in the revision?

for some reason i truly hope that this option isn't implemented,a +1 is distracting as it can be.

the problem is,it can be seen as a "reward system" (or the opposite) for a user and not only to score a post.

imo,it'll ruin a forum more than doing any good.

otherwise,explaining is the lengthy process but often it makes much more sense.
+1
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

:lol:

Shabdahbriah wrote:
t3toooo wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Ben, will we see a '+1' or 'Like' option for posts in the revision?

for some reason i truly hope that this option isn't implemented,a +1 is distracting as it can be.

the problem is,it can be seen as a "reward system" (or the opposite) for a user and not only to score a post.

+1
See what I mean... we could use it. :hihi:

It would tidy the forum instead of posts merely stating '+1' - it would actually cut down on the posts.

I mean people already do '+1' (thanks, Shabdahbriah.. :ud:) so the 'rewards system' argument is moot... because it is already 'in place' in a less elegant manner.

Ben [KVR] wrote:improved search
:tu:

The current search is... while not entirely useless, pretty damned wonky. The whole thing will be worth it for that. :)

The version before this version was much better, the new search is terrible. GO BACK!
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Excellent, looking forward to this. Good luck!
... space is the place ...

Better search will be very handy. Ben, what do you have in mind for "sub-forums"? I am guessing this will allow hierarchical tree views of the forum, rather than the current straight list. So, all corporate support forums could be in a folder, etc.

VitaminD wrote:
Shabdahbriah wrote:
t3toooo wrote:

+1
See what I mean... we could use it. :hihi:
instead,Shabdahbriah backed up the point that it would be better to not have it though. :D

clicking rushly +1 anonymously on every second post is not going to compliment Shabdahbriah's post at all.
now he knows that you like his point of view. :hihi:

much more first-hand,isn't it?

Mobile support brings tears to my eyes, but you will be working like crazy during Christmas. :(

Thanks a lot!

Will the upgraded forum be skinnable?

Will our pm inbox and saved messages be safe? Cheers

I still wonder why kvr doesn't run vBulletin. :?:

Rating system for posts gets some people all huffy on Gearslutz so it might be worth implementing just for the comedy value.

Post ratings aren't too bad, so long as not a form of "user reputation". Might be nice if display and voting buttons could be optionally hidden.

Thread ratings might be fun -- i.e. "really useful" threads could be searched on -- but need some thinking about (older, high-rated threads would likely gain more, so some form of ageing process would be needed - people tend to vote up more freely than down, so it wouldn't happen "naturally" as threads became less useful).

This is the worst time of year....most of the forums I use , not only music , are all doing their upgrades about now

Consequently most of the sites I use are down :-(

After the food and family bit is done its gonna be a boring Xmas...again

There should be a site where all other sites go and plan shutdowns so that theyre not all down at once.....but what happens when that site needs down time !?

Return to “Site Stuff”