Possibility for a Linux build?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

is there any chance of a Linux build? I would gladly pay for the Pro version if it was available on Linux.

Not likely. Very small market for very much work (porting UI libs etc). Otoh, it might be that you can run the plugin under Wine?
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

I think some people are seriously underestimating the market there. Others don't: Keep in mind that recently also a lot of DAWs were ported to Linux (Energy XT2, Renoise, Tracktion, Bitwig Studio). A really good Sampler is still missing, though. You already have an OSX version, right? Porting might from there not be so much work afterall. I would encourage you to look into it again and reconsider.

Count me in as another who would gladly purchase the Pro version for Linux (Hey, that's two of us ! :) ). I'm testing Bitwig now, it would be very cool to have this sampler running along with BWS. HOWEVER: I do understand the work involved, it can be non-trivial and yes, the Linux audio market is terribly small compared to Win/Mac. No-one can fault you for not taking up the (possibly formidable) task.

I tried running TX16Wx under Wine quite a while ago, the GUI wasn't properly rendered IIRC, and most controls were unresponsive. Of course, these problems are due to Wine, not your plugin. I'll try again with your most recent version.

But I want to say that I admire the work you've done on the TX16Wx. I owned a Yamaha TX16W back in the day, loved its capabilities and sound. Nice to see that others felt the same.

Best regards,

Dave Phillips

Count me in too. Well that's four, I understand. But Linux desperately need a decent sampler. There's only LinuxSampler with GIG/SFZ support but that's essentially all.

+1
I'd use it on Linux, I already own and use it in Reaper on Windows, and I'd pay some sorta fee for an upgrade that supports Linux. Reaper, Ardour, Mixbus and Bitwig on linux are all running super well these days and linux audio people tend to just buy stuff if it's supported because there is so little choices.

Also just throwing it out there to the others:
Renoise Redux is a very good sampler and it works really well on linux!
It's a "different" kind of sampler but very powerful for sound design and can load sfz libraries.
Samples are currently only stored within the patch itself so it's not great for huge libraries but single samples or modest multi-samples are fine.

Please limit discussion on other products to general forums.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”