Q: Slicing ?

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What can I do to get the auto-slicing to be better?

I loaded a loop, cranked the threshold up, clicked Slice then reduced the Threshold.

As you can see, some transients are missed, some are early (5th and 6th slide) and some non-transients are sliced.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Also, adding a slice point (Alt+ double-click) is not the most intuitive key combo. Can this be made easier?

Alt+click, perhaps or on the right-click menu?

-----------------------------
Tip:
If you want to move a slice point earlier, select the slice to the right-hand side. Dragging the slice point marker to the left shortens the end point of the previous slice too.

Similarly, if you want to move a slice point later, select the slice to the left-hand side. Dragging the slice point marker to the right moves the start point of the next slice too.
Inspired by ...

Transient detection is tricky. And to be truthful, I'm mostly "standing on the shoulders of giants" as they say in this regard (i.e. trying to implement research papers! :-)
The problem you are seeing is probably due to the fact that stuff that looks insignificant in volume can represent a rather big energy change once we are in fft mode. It is hard to find the best balance between precise results and reasonable computation time.
As usual, if you have a wave that behaves extra badly, send it to me and I can at least try to figure out why.
Cheers
/C
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

loops sent, in an email
Inspired by ...

... any news?
Inspired by ...

Return to “CWITEC”