TX16WX - 2xPROBLEMS - Slices of RX2 are longer than should be AND hearing slices problem

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

When i use RX2 files - slices are longer than they should and ending at other sounds not before them.
In Shortcircuit and stuff like that RX2 slices have proper lengtht.
Not in TX16Wx
. Maybe there should be a option to select all loops and changing these loops length at once ?

Second problem: Why not to enable hearing sound automatically when click at sound in seperated group field after slicing ?

I mean this panel where i setting out channel for each sound - This is not handy to going back on the virtual keyboard and putting this key to hear what the sound is under note which i actually i lookin for to send out. I should know what is sound of actuall slice in the field where i sending out channel for this sound. This should increase workflow.

<<not relevant>>
Last edited by DarkStar on Wed Mar 18, 2015 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

X-Tech wrote:When i use RX2 files - slices are longer than they should and ending at other sounds not before them.
In Shortcircuit and stuff like that RX2 slices have proper lengtht.

Not in TX16Wx
TX16Wx loads slices exactly as specified in the rex file. With overlap if there is any. So "longer than they should" is really more on the creator of the file in this case.
You might want to experiment with using choke group or mono mode to have slices cut each other off instead.
X-Tech wrote: . Maybe there should be a option to select all loops and changing these loops length at once ?
Change them how? Uniformly set length to same value? Or relative adjustment? Or "proportional"? That might be useful iff you have a a file where all loops are exactly the same length. Or are all exaclty the same number of samples too long. But that seems like a rather artificial scenario to me.
X-Tech wrote: Second problem: Why not to enable hearing sound automatically when click at sound in seperated group field after slicing ?

I mean this panel where i setting out channel for each sound - This is not handy to going back on the virtual keyboard and putting this key to hear what the sound is under note which i actually i lookin for to send out. I should know what is sound of actuall slice in the field where i sending out channel for this sound. This should increase workflow.
Are you talking about the splits list, and you want a "preview" button for a split?
But how should that work? Just a this-split-only note-on/off button? Should it for example respect poly mode settings etc? If so, how would it interact with currently playing notes (if any)? What about round robins etc if a matrix is mapped? And for almost all other cases than slice editing (i.e. musical setups), a preview button, not corresponding to velocity etc would be a rather poor preview...
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Hey. So i send the picture. Whenever i use RX2 files they are longer 1.5 - 2x longer in rx2 format than should be (slices). I send the same auto slice map in shortcircuit and it's perfect. In Tx16Wx first part of slices are good but second part - (the ends) are longer 1.5-2x more than should be so slices ending more further than beginning of neighbour slices. It's always look the same.

PICTURE:

http://postimg.org/image/5z52txktn/

SECOND:

In matter of quick hear i think it's need cause sometimes we want to send specific slices parts into specific outputs and before this - slices should be quickly heared cause that we know where to send specific slices if we dont know what is name of slice for example it's sliced breakbeat there is no name in slices like hat/snare etc and probably dont want to waste time on that. When i click with right mouse of button on slices in SliceX i can hear how sound sounds and there is quick field for send out. In Tx16wx i cant hear slices by click place where i set output for specific slices. Yes it's all about hearing only one slice which actually is clicked in setting of output field.

third:

Is planned time stretching in TX16WX ? It would really make slices more in the tempo especially slices comes from records with reverb and stuff. In SliceX is this little section to set whole break by tempo so it's processed and time stretched.

Is there any kind of intelligent beat detection like in slicex ? In slicex waves are automatically sliced in 99% perfectly after loading them in.

fourth:

after update from 2.4.0 to 2.4.1 every time when audio is played every fragment after sound bar starts to flickering.

Return to “CWITEC”