Crossfading between 2 samples with increasing velocity

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What is the fastest , easiest way to implement this ?

I have samples A and B.

At velocity=1 , sample A should play.
At velocity=127, sample B should play.

For in between velocities it should cross fade between A and B in a linear manner with increasing velocity.

Both samples exist on the same MIDI Note.

Ctrl+drag one of the edges of a split to introduce a crossfade. However, each sample will have to be in its own group, since in TX16Wx you cannot stack splits one onto another within the same group like you can in Kontakt or MF3...

If the splits are mapped at the same velocity then you can group them:

Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/WRrKx1a.png

Here a bunch of samples were all mapped to velocities 40-90 and I have grouped them into the "Mediums" Group, which cross-fades with the "High" and "Low" Groups.

But, of course, the Sound Controls apply to a Group so you may need to keep them separate, especially on a drum kit.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

EvilDragon wrote:Ctrl+drag one of the edges of a split to introduce a crossfade. However, each sample will have to be in its own group, since in TX16Wx you cannot stack splits one onto another within the same group like you can in Kontakt or MF3...
Thank you. Works perfectly ! I knew the move, but was wondering what to cross fade it with , since it was one sample. Now I see that even one sample can be crossfaded :D

DarkStar wrote:If the splits are mapped at the same velocity then you can group them:

Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/WRrKx1a.png

Here a bunch of samples were all mapped to velocities 40-90 and I have grouped them into the "Mediums" Group, which cross-fades with the "High" and "Low" Groups.

But, of course, the Sound Controls apply to a Group so you may need to keep them separate, especially on a drum kit.
Thats a good idea for melodic instruments.... but as you said , Im doing drums...

Return to “CWITEC”