TX16Wx out in the wild... orchestral game soundtrack!

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know this is a support forum more than anything else, but it certainly can't hurt to give some examples of the capabilites and versatility of TX16Wx.

Strength in Numbers and Balance of Power are two tracks from a game soundtrack I did late last year. Being a Warhammer 40,000 game the music is in a sort of hybrid gothic orchestral/synthetic/sci-fi style. The large majority of the arrangements are orchestral instruments loaded into TX16Wx with a handful of synths on top providing a bit of futuristic texture.

This was my first commercial project using TX16Wx and it handled itself wonderfully aside from some small quirks. Big thumbs up to elcallio! :)

Wow, that is great. I really like it. More so, I am super happy to hear you used the TX for this. Back in the 90:s I did some cinematic orchestra stuff using the original TX+EMU ESI samplers (nowhere near as good though). I almost feared that doing good sounding soundtrack music using reasonably limited samples was a lost art, but this brings back some faith in humanity! :-)
Thanks for sharing. If you have more, I'd love to hear!

That of course goes for other users as well. Some wacky EBM would also make my day. :-)
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Thanks elcallio! Yeah I guess I'm kind of a dinosaur as I'm still using lots of older libraries. I've never experienced it as a handicap since the quality of the composition and arrangement always trumps sample quality anyway, and with a bit of layering and mixing different libs you can get some impressive results from the oldies. I also have a soft spot for the VO's of yesteryear -- after all they're what got me into this music in the first place -- so ultra-realism has never been my goal either.

There's plenty more music on my Soundcloud page but this is so far the only orchestral project I've used TX for (though I have used it a lot for drum kits and other stuff).

Return to “CWITEC”