TX16Wx doesn't actually - - work??

Official support for: tx16wx.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm willing to acknowledge that I'm probably just too stupid to figure it out.

I installed the plugin, I added to my VST instruments in Cubase, it looks great. I created a quick testy sample layout, with rudimentary ADSR, some Sequencer action, etc., and it sounds just fine when I click on the on-screen plugin keyboard.

When I click on the on-screen plugin keyboard.

That's just it. When I try to select it in my MIDI channel in Cubase, as a MIDI output recipient - - - it's not there. I can select it as an INPUT (which makes no sense at all), but not as an output. As a consequence, I can't play it with my MIDI keyboard, let alone record any MIDI track to play back through the sampler.

So... *ahem* - what's the point of it? Before I can even consider buying the Pro version, it should at least work.. Right?

It works for everybody else...
Studio One 3.5.6 Pro
Win 7 x64
Core i7 3770 3.4 GHz
Behringer UMC404HD
No talent.

Thohi wrote:I'm willing to acknowledge that I'm probably just too stupid to figure it out
And/or you did not Read The FManuals. TX16Wx has both a Quick Start Guide and a User Manual. In the latter there are 26 pages with MIDI references, for example:

10.3 MIDI / External controllers
TX16Wx can have up to 16 external Midi controllers as well as settings for MIDI response defined. These are stored with the bank data on disk or in DAW memory, but can also be stored as system defaults. Midi controllers can be selected either from the list, or, if you for example have a controller area with mapped sliders, you can enable Midi Learn for the controller slot and move the slider to map it automatically.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

redplum wrote:It works for everybody else...
Oh, okay, that solves my problem then.....................

Michael L wrote:No, you likely did not Read the Manuals. TX16Wx has both a Quick Start Guide and a User Manual.
I did, in fact. Both of them. Several times. And they don't address my issue, nor does the chapter that you're pointing me to.

10.3 addresses setting up which controllers control stuff like pitch bend, expression, etc., which is nice, but doesn't change the fact that Cubase cannot "see" the device in the output list, and thus cannot send any MIDI signals to the plugin.

See how f.ex. Kontakt shows up as an output device when I add that to the setup?

TX16Wx isn't there. And nothing I've read in either manual have shown me how to get it there.

And since every other VSTi plugin has no problem automatically showing up there, it baffles me that this one makes you jump through hoops to do so.

Until the developer replies, try doing a Cubase search in this forum. I can only suggest to delete/rescan, then reload/rescan, but you likely have done that.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

First off, might I suggest trying a less inflammatory headline, if you expect polite responses. Also, seriously, do you _really_ think a plug-in exists, and has for several years, with several thousands of users, but does not work? That somehow it is all part of a great big scam of building a product that apparently presents a very complex UI, loads samples, plays them, _but only on the on-screen keyboard - because it is actually a part of the illuminati conspiracy_?

Now, that I have had a mild rant (could have been much worse :) ), to address your issues - which version of Cubase are you running? I've tested with versions 4 through 8 at least, and they all work just fine.
From the screens, this looks like it might be a very old cubase? It might be pre-4.x cubase has some issue with routing to an instrument plugin that is also an input processor?
Did you try using an instrument track instead?

Also, even though it probably does not weigh in here at all, always provide OS version, 64/32-bit, CPU model etc when reporting an issue.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

First of all, hello everyone. I am new in this forum and i have to say that the plethora of informationin kvraudio has helped me alot with making music. A big thank you.

As for TX16Wx, i tried it and i found out that it is fast, easy to use, easy to learn and very low in cpu.
BUT, i have to say that in Cubase SX it has the problem that Thohi has laid out (i figured that Thohi uses SX too).
Of course you would say that SX3 is a decade old DAW, but i don't need anything more for home recordings (i am not commercialy make music, just for fun). So, i tried to make TX16Wx work because it is way better , in my humble opinion, in all aspects of usability that the others like Kontakt, or Halion .
Is there any way to make this excellent sampler work in Cubase SX3 ? I wish it could.

Thank you.

I forgot to mention that i use WinXP SP3, 1.5Ghz RAM, Athlon cpu, and Cubase SX3.

For home recording you can also use Reaper, it's cheap enough and is a more current DAW than SX3, and TX16Wx works perfectly in it. :D

Yeah, i know Reaper and it's very potent, light and its workflow is nice. But i have about 20 years in projects in Cubase and it's just not logical to me to rethink my DAW need for just one plugin.
I am just asking if someone like Thohi might have the same problem and/or solution.
Thanks for your reply EvilDragon.

nef47 wrote:I forgot to mention that i use WinXP SP3, 1.5Ghz RAM, Athlon cpu, and Cubase SX3.
I seem to remember (but perhaps I'm mistaken) that Calle dropped Win XP support some time ago.

Yep, that too.

TX16Wx v2.x should still work on XP SP3, though it receives no formal testing.
TX16Wx Software Sampler:
http://www.tx16wx.com/

Return to “CWITEC”