Spark 1.7 beta test

Official support for: arturia.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

For those who might be interested, more information here.
This beta test is open to all SparkLE, Spark, Spark VDM, Dubstep and EDM users can participate.

Can we somehow find out what is fixed in the update (Dubstep, VDM, EDM Standalones)?
Finally!

VDM, EDM and Dubstep got all the new features and bugfix from 1.6.
They get also the new features from 1.7.

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:For those who might be interested, more information here.
This beta test is open to all SparkLE, Spark, Spark VDM, Dubstep and EDM users can participate.
Hi Kevin. I see that a recent update for Spark was uploaded to your site (1.6.1.1). Does that update address crashing problems in logic? 1.5 was pretty stable but 1.6.1 crashed every session so I had to roll it back to 1.5. Thanks.

-Sam

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:VDM, EDM and Dubstep got all the new features and bugfix from 1.6.
They get also the new features from 1.7.
wohoo. gonna apply for the beta then!
Finally!

masterhiggins wrote:Does that update address crashing problems in logic?
Yes sire, this is the main purpose of this update.

Kevin [Arturia] wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:Does that update address crashing problems in logic?
Yes sire, this is the main purpose of this update.
Awesome! Great news. I was just jamming with it last night in standalone for hours. That thing is so much fun. When do we get to hear about the new features of 1.7? One feature that would be sweet as hell would be to have the ability to export the tuning automation to equivalent midi notes. That way when I'm jamming a melody, I can easily throw the bass line to the oberheim sem v or Diva track and logic and continue to mash up and improvise the beats in spark. :)

-Sam

HI!

I have just received my SparkLE and first impression is wauw :-)

But I have a Cubase issue with SparkLE:
I tried to open SparkLE as a VST Track in my Cubase (7.04) but got crashes again and again and periodic also had trouble with connection to the hardware.
Resetting my prefs doesn't have any effect, still lots of crashes.

Then I disabled my Automap and the Cubase crashing seemed to stop (It was late yesterday evening so I don't know if all the problems are gone)

Is this a known Cubase / Automap issue??
and how can I get my auto map version of SparkLE to work?

Bjarke

Hi,
what is the version of Spark?
If you are not using 1.6.1.1, please try it, it should solve the problem.

Best
Kevin

Hi and Thank you for your kind reply!

I was sure that I had the latest version number, but the version number is 1.6.1 so I now have downloaded and installed the "spark_1.6.1.1.dmg"

But after the installation the version number is still listed as 1.6.1 (I have run the installation 3 times to be sure - and the stand alone version is 1.6.1 Build 180 (rev. efe8600) 64 bit and in Cubase plug-in list it is listed as version 1.6.1.0)

I have checked the download file, it have the name: spark_1.6.1.1.dmg and the 3 installations where run with out any errors.

How can I force the installation to accept the version 1.6.1.1???

Note: When opening Spark in Cubase I got the "Warning. Midi Ports" message - "…turn off 'Spark Private in' and 'Spark Private Out' - in my Cubase Midi Port Setup there is no Ports at this names, what does it means???

Thank You in advance

Bjarke

You have to disable the SparkLE MIDI port in Cubase Preferences to make sure Spark plugin will be well connected to the controller.
Check this video for more information (just replace Spark Private In and Spark Private Out by SparkLE).

Concerning the version, can you tell me the build date

Hi Kevin!

Thank you for replying - I have now disabled my Spark Midi in / out ports as instructed :-)

But what about my Automap issue??

Running the latest update "spark_1.6.1.1.dmg" don't have any effect (Spark LE stand alone version and the VST version will not accept this update .
Set-up is: Mac OS 10.8.3 / Cubase 7 / AutoMap 4.7.3

As I wrote in my last mail: But after the installation the version number is still listed as 1.6.1 (I have run the installation 3 times to be sure - and the stand alone version is 1.6.1 Build 180 (rev. efe8600) 64 bit and in Cubase plug-in list it is listed as version 1.6.1.0)

Any help??

Bjarke

I have checked it and build 180 is the correct one for 1.6.1.1, the version number has not been well updated :(.
Do you still have problem with this build and Automap?

Sorry for the late reply…..

It seems that the Automap version is stable now :-)
- I will do a more detailed test run later this week, I will report if there is any trouble.

Regards

Spark LE 1.7beta has got to be one of the most amazing virtual instruments I've ever seen and I've been at it for quite some time!

So far - rock solid - I'm fussy so I know I'll stumble over something sooner or later! :D
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Return to “Arturia”