Issues with Analog Lab 1.2.0.405 (Keylab 49) ... Standalone, Bitwig and Reaper

Official support for: arturia.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I thought I would just make a consolidated post with my findings after doing a bunch of testing on the new Analog Lab.

For some reason the standalone does not work with my Keylab 49 (nor any of my other midi controllers including Minilab). The only thing that works is that Analog Lab reports the preset selection back to Keylab so it shows up on the display, but I can only use my mouse to play the virtual keyboard. Nothing works for midi, not even preset browsing or switching from sound to multi mode.

On VST it seems to do better. In Bitwig on Arturia Mode almost everything works, however the volume level is broken and apparently I have to do some special routing to get the pads on the Keylab to do the chord mode (the routing is more of a Bitwig issue than Analog Lab issue). In Reaper the pads play the chords fine, everything seems to work except for the knobs which seem to be stuck in relative mode, and the volume level which is also broken there.

Another minor issue with the VST and standalone is that the preset names seem to be crunched up on launch so you have to adjust the size to see everything.

Hopefully you'll can help me out with this, it seems there are a couple other people with Keylabs experiencing similar issues.

I'm running Windows 7 x64 and the 64 bit version of the VST. The standalone says it's the 32 bit version. Keylab is running firmware 1.33.
~ good luck ~
~ re~member to do good in a spirit of love, unity, compassion, and kindness ~

exactly same issue and your using same sytem as me only difference is im using Cubase 7.5 but all problems are the same as ive posted before..hopefully arturia can fix it.

Did you check the audio midi settings in the standalone? It seems that there are some issue when several MIDI controllers are connected.
We are currently investigating it.

Kevin

yep and ive managed to get it too work..but its still very very unstable..i had too..reinstall my hardware driver..uncheck everything in my midi settings in analogue lab..close it down..restart analog lab then choose only keylab..resync ..controller now works.

but it still wont let me use my own presets..new presets seem to time out and sound cuts out at random times as if im playing the new matrix presets in demo mode..
also in Cubase 7.5 analog lab is pretty much useless now.everytime you open it then edit the patch then close it down it then randomizes the patch so you don't have the one you started with even though it still displays the preset you've just bee editing.
automation also is messed up because it also randomizes the parameters you control in analog lab.so your first knob may initially say cut off so you use your hardware to put automation in to Cubase but when analog randomizes itself and you chec the parameter you've drawn In now no longer works because the knob you drew automation in has changed.

all problems were present in last version of analog lab.

Hey Kevin, I noticed that I can get analog lab to work in standalone when I only have one controller selected under midi devices. If multiple controllers are selected then none of the controllers work. By default when I launch the software it automatically selects all controllers, so it doesn't start working until I have manually gone into the setup and deselected everything else.
~ good luck ~

I got everything working in Reaper by updating to 4.75, even the volume knob is working normally now. Not sure why the knobs weren't working for me on the previous version of Reaper. In Bitwig the volume knob is still broken and I haven't figured out how to route the midi for the pad chords. But overall it's usable now that I know the workaround for the standalone application.
~ good luck ~

SoundGoddess wrote:Hey Kevin, I noticed that I can get analog lab to work in standalone when I only have one controller selected under midi devices. If multiple controllers are selected then none of the controllers work. By default when I launch the software it automatically selects all controllers, so it doesn't start working until I have manually gone into the setup and deselected everything else.
So this confirms what we have found.
We are currently working on fixing this.

Kevin

Same issue here.

It selects all controllers at every single launch of the standalone, so that you have to deselect all other controllers.

Return to “Arturia”