Concert brass problems

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Firstly I'm setting up a template in Cubase with kontakt 5 so i'm doin some messing around with sounds.
I own CB CS and Diamond.

My set up SPECS

T420i5 2520M(2.5GHz)(2nd Gen)

16GB RAM

256gb Crucial M4 SSD

Win7 Pro 64 bit

1. So far i have loaded horns without mute and Trombones without mute in to kontakt 5 ram usage is 1.90gb
I'm looking into purging and on the top on the Purge menu it says do not purge or load if more that 1 instrument is loaded in the multi?

Sorry i completey lost on that..what do you mean?? Whats a multi?

2. When i load a 4.1 CB instrument it takes forever. It first loads the samples and then i got to wait ages while it anaylzes ever damn sample. i've rebatched but it still goes through the same motions. What im i doing wrong.

Thanks

Pi

:D

forbiddensilence wrote:Firstly I'm setting up a template in Cubase with kontakt 5 so i'm doin some messing around with sounds.
I own CB CS and Diamond.

My set up SPECS

16GB RAM

256gb Crucial M4 SSD

Win7 Pro 64 bit

1. So far i have loaded horns without mute and Trombones without mute in to kontakt 5 ram usage is 1.90gb
I'm looking into purging and on the top on the Purge menu it says do not purge or load if more that 1 instrument is loaded in the multi?

2. When i load a 4.1 CB instrument it takes forever. It first loads the samples and then i got to wait ages while it anaylzes ever damn sample. i've rebatched but it still goes through the same motions. What im i doing wrong.

Thanks

Pi

Hey there. I am not at all affiliated with KHS, but thought I would try to help to the best of my ability.

1.) A multi is just the name that Kontakt uses for every instrument currently loaded into a single instance. I have noticed this warning as well, and have still purged all my patches like crazy without having any negative consequences. I really don't know if the message is left-over from an older version or what, but I have not any problems completely ignoring it. Your mileage may vary. :)

2.) Loading times is a recurring issue with these libraries. You can see my thread below where I discussed it briefly with Kirk. It sounds like the issues we are having are slightly different, but the end result is the same--ridiculously long load times. Please just be sure Kirk knows you are having this issue, so hopefully we can get closer to resolving it. I love these libraries, but the load times are a MAJOR issue that I have never seen in any other library.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=380082

Hope that helps! (Kirk might be able to give you a better answer to #1 at some point. Just telling you what my experience has been.)

Thats kind of you, thanks for the link i'll have read!!
Also i'll get in touch with Kirk, though thats another ballgame from experience.
Yes the libraries are brill!!!! :D

forbiddensilence wrote:Thats kind of you, thanks for the link i'll have read!!
Also i'll get in touch with Kirk, though thats another ballgame from experience.
Yes the libraries are brill!!!! :D
My TOTAL bad here. Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. Without making excuses, I mistakenly relied on posts here to get to my email. Didn't happen. So from now on, I'll be sittin' around here watchin' a WHOLE lot more!

forbiddensilence wrote:Firstly I'm setting up a template in Cubase with kontakt 5 so i'm doin some messing around with sounds.
I own CB CS and Diamond.

My set up SPECS

16GB RAM

256gb Crucial M4 SSD

Win7 Pro 64 bit

Thanks

Pi

Ok, I'll set this straight. A multi is when you load more than one instrument per Kontakt instance. If you're loading separate instruments per TRACK, then you're ok.

As far as the sample analysis, that can't be helped. It's a Kontakt issue, and it ain't goin' away soon. I wish it were not that way, but it is. The sad thing is that I really DO like the sound of the analyzed samples MUCH better. But I'll watch and see and if anything changes, I'll post it.

Hi Kirk,
Ok thanks for that.

FB

forbiddensilence wrote:Hi Kirk,
Ok thanks for that.

FB
Any TIME

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”