Kirk Hunter Violins Marcato, really bad round robin sounds

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

when I play repeated notes with the violins quarter division, short notes Marcato, there is really a huge variation between the RR samples. There a big differences in treble and attack sound, and even differences in panning. RR should not be noticeable like that. The Detache and Spiccato sounds are good, but Marcato sounds terrible. I think it must be a bug.

Anyone noticed this also?

Should I post a sample so you know what I am talking about?

*bumping this*

I noticed a difference between the RR samples as you describe when I was using TVEC 3. When I upgraded to TVEC 4, the wide variation in sound in the Round Robins disappeared.

S.

Thanks for your reply.

I am using TVEC4, and as I said most of the patches are ok, but the Marcato Violins are not.

Here is a demo of what I mean:
http://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3347 ... RRdemo.mp3

1st Violins Quarter Division, Accent FF with Marcato, Bypass EQ, Velocity Bright is off.

Playing repeated D#4 at velocity 100.

So that really sounds very strange, doesn't it?

Could you try this exact example and how it sounds with your setup?

I have the feeling that my download did not include fully updated material.

Your smaple MP3 file reminds me of what the CS2 round robins used to sound like before TVEC 4. Make sure you've update to TVEC 4.1. Maybe that will help.

http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/update.html

S.

I have TVEC4 from the start, I just bought it 2 months ago.

Could you try playing the marcato violins (quarter division) and see if yours sound the same?

Yep, that doesn't sound right.

It's OK here, but I'm not certain that I am listening to the same thing.

This is my instrument settings, using Diamond, TVEC 3.1, and the MIDI played (right octave?), velocity 100:
Image ... Big pic: http://i.imgur.com/bNYhVMk.png

May be a stupid question: which product are you using?
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Thanks man! From the pic it seems you have the exact same settings as I have.

I use the quarter division of Concert Strings II. I bought just that one division because it seemed to me as a good deal for a chamber orchestra type sound (few players).

Would you mind posting your result here as mp3?

Anyway, I think I'll get in contact with Kirk about this.

Thanks very much again!

I do not think that that will help - I am using the instrument from Diamond Orchestra, not CSII, it is TVEC 3.1, not TVEC4.x and, I believe the samples are different.

Sorry for the false hope.

As you said, your best bet to to contact Kirk directly.
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

CableChannel wrote:Thanks man! From the pic it seems you have the exact same settings as I have.

I use the quarter division of Concert Strings II. I bought just that one division because it seemed to me as a good deal for a chamber orchestra type sound (few players).

Would you mind posting your result here as mp3?

Anyway, I think I'll get in contact with Kirk about this.

Thanks very much again!
Have you checked with me on this? I can't remember. If so, then disregard this. If not, then contact me at kirkhunterstudios@gmail.com

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”