Concert Strings 3 ???(Spotlight Strings)

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Other than what is on the banner does anybody know what all is coming with this in September? And the price?
Last edited by chibear on Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

I hadn't seen this but I'm hoping the punchline is a mistake .... CONCERT STINGS 3 (just kiddin' Kirk I'm sure there will be a great upgrade path 8) )

I've been looking for a new String Library here lately... I demoed the free Violin patch and I'm really diggin' it. Sounds Great and is easy to use. Now there is going to be a Concert Strings 3!

I was going to buy Concert Strings 2, but now I'm wandering if I were to buy Concert Strings 2, would I get Concert Strings 3 at a discounted price?

But then again... The "ad" seems to be referring to violins only... Concert Strings 3 will have the rest of the string section right? :wink:

I probably can guess the answer to this one already, but I was just wondering: I'll probably need to upgrade to Kontakt 5 in order to use Concert Strings 3, but will I need to buy the current ESA upgrade as well? Or is there a newer Easy String Arranger included with CS3?

Steve

What banner? Where did you see this???

I am a bigtime fan of KHS CS2 -would be thrilled with a version 3!

Here's hoping it is true. It's the best overall string liib, IMHO

A recent case in point:
Bach Brandenburg 1 - 1. Allegro at
http://www.soundcloud.com/palestrina7
palestrina7
DELL PC master, DELL PC slave (8-core, 16Gb ram 2TB hard drives)
Libraries: KHS CS2 & CBrass2, VSL, Cinematic Strings, Proj Sam, Garritan, Spotlight Solo Strings, Embertone Strings, Sampletekk Pianos, etc
DP8, Kontakt5, Finale and Sibelius

Click on Kirk's name in the top left hand corner.

I've been playing with the CS2 demo for a month now and after using Miroslav, EWQL symphony, and the VSL in Kontakt factory library I am astounded. I have been waiting for the big fall sale like last year. Hoping there is another BIG discount when you buy everything :D
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

DUH ...Finally found the banner.... it must be flash, because it doesn't show up on my IPAD. I have been visiting Kirk's website every few months, hoping wistfully for a new upgrade, although I can't imagine how they could be much better, from a standpoint of usability and authenticity, but it looks like I'm in luck.
Can't wait, Kirk... sign me up.
palestrina7
Libraries: KHS CS2 & CBrass2, VSL, Cinematic Strings, Proj Sam, Garritan, Spotlight Solo Strings, Embertone Strings, Sampletekk Pianos, etc

palestrina7 wrote:What banner? Where did you see this???

I am a bigtime fan of KHS CS2 -would be thrilled with a version 3!

Here's hoping it is true. It's the best overall string liib, IMHO

A recent case in point:
Bach Brandenburg 1 - 1. Allegro at
http://www.soundcloud.com/palestrina7
Brillant!!

This is great!
I have CS2 but would love to try out one of your midi file for my CS2 library, if you could share?

Thanks!
FS
-------------------------------------------------------
New Etude inspired by new string library.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_azz9ghP7OE

Sure. I will send it shortly.
Last edited by palestrina7 on Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
palestrina7

I keep checking daily since the Concert Strings 3 product was to be released in September. Today I suddenly see a new update to the website: Spotlight Strings and no Concert Strings 3. Is the CS3 product still in the pipeline for release this month? Any more details?
Thanks!

Wow, that was unexpected. Spotlight Strings is obviously a completely different project than Concert Strings 3, based on the description. Sounds interesting, but I can't wait to hear either of them, hopefully both of them.
palestrina7

Yes, very interesting and enticing to be sure. I've read through all the info a couple of times and few questions keep popping up.

One is panning. Are we going to be able to pan both soloists and ripieno so that we can fit them into other libraries?

The second is reverb. I don't see any adjustments for this so are we going to need to apply our own reverb to each instance?

I was really liking what I experienced in both those areas in the CS2 sample I was auditioning. With very little work I was able to fit it into EWQL Platinum Orchestra, that using 2 mic positions.

The third is that it seems you can only use keyswitches for changing articulations. I really don't like keyswitches and was enjoying using the CCs I set up to change articulations in the CS2 sample. I hope command codes will be included for articulation changes.

I can't wait to hear the new vibrato. Sample request: The Meditation from Thais

EDIT: The 'Dynamics' section was not running when I examined earlier. My question on reverb is answered there and also part of the panning. Still remaining the panning settings for the ripieno and the possibility of replacing articulation keyswitches with Command Codes. Thanks.

Well, info is coming at a snail's pace, but there is a tiny update to the Products page today which lists actual numbers of players, and it is certainly larger than I expected. So much so that I would guess that Spotlight Strings is the new name for CS3. Ripieno numbers: Violins-16, Vlas-12, Celli-12, VB-6. The chart also includes the four soloists. but it is unclear whether they are usable IN ADDITION TO Ripieno, although that is suggested by the chart. Those are full-size string sections, to be sure, so the complete Ripieno is a BIG orchestra. Can't wait to hear them.
palestrina7

We NEED to listen to some demo, pleeease :cry:

First demo is up! Short and limited, but sounds good. Go to demos from khs home page.
palestrina7

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”