Concert Strings 3 ???(Spotlight Strings)

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

wow thank you! I'll check it.

Another sample is up today. Oddly I can only find them with IE. Chrome and Firefox don't show them.
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

Ummmmm. ----- IT'S DECEMBER...... any tiny little hint about new strings???
The silence is deafening. :?:
palestrina7
DELL PC master, DELL PC slave (8-core, 16Gb ram 2TB hard drives)
Libraries: KHS CS2 & CBrass2, VSL, Cinematic Strings, Proj Sam, Garritan, Spotlight Solo Strings, Embertone Strings, Sampletekk Pianos, etc
DP8, Kontakt5, Finale and Sibelius

palestrina7 wrote:Ummmmm. ----- IT'S DECEMBER...... any tiny little hint about new strings???
The silence is deafening. :?:
+1

ZZZZZZZzzzzzzz
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

chibear wrote:Yes, very interesting and enticing to be sure. I've read through all the info a couple of times and few questions keep popping up.

One is panning. Are we going to be able to pan both soloists and ripieno so that we can fit them into other libraries?
You can pan any of the soloists independently. However, the ripieno pretty much stays where it is. However, you can pan the WHOLE INSTRUMENT to suit the ripieno placement, and then re-pan the soloists accordingly.
The second is reverb. I don't see any adjustments for this so are we going to need to apply our own reverb to each instance?
Yes, lots of adjustments there. You can go from no reverb to a TON of it. It's designated as distance in feet. So a LOT of reverb would be at 30ft, for example. Also, you can change the room size.

I was really liking what I experienced in both those areas in the CS2 sample I was auditioning. With very little work I was able to fit it into EWQL Platinum Orchestra, that using 2 mic positions.

The third is that it seems you can only use keyswitches for changing articulations. I really don't like keyswitches and was enjoying using the CCs I set up to change articulations in the CS2 sample. I hope command codes will be included for articulation changes.
You can also use CC or host automation.

I can't wait to hear the new vibrato. Sample request: The Meditation from Thais
I'll think about that one!

EDIT: The 'Dynamics' section was not running when I examined earlier. My question on reverb is answered there and also part of the panning. Still remaining the panning settings for the ripieno and the possibility of replacing articulation keyswitches with Command Codes. Thanks.
PS - There will be FREE TRIAL version up soon.

chibear wrote:Other than what is on the banner does anybody know what all is coming with this in September? And the price?
Hi Chibear (Chicago Bears, eh? hmm. :))

Anway, it's Spotlight Solo Strings www.kirkhunterstudios/spotlight.html. I apologize if this has already been answered by someone upstream here, but I just NOW saw your question, and wanted to answer it right away.

Godseyse wrote:I've been looking for a new String Library here lately... I demoed the free Violin patch and I'm really diggin' it. Sounds Great and is easy to use. Now there is going to be a Concert Strings 3!

I was going to buy Concert Strings 2, but now I'm wandering if I were to buy Concert Strings 2, would I get Concert Strings 3 at a discounted price?

But then again... The "ad" seems to be referring to violins only... Concert Strings 3 will have the rest of the string section right? :wink:
The ONLY time customers who have already purchased do NOT get upgrade discounts is during certain group buys (and even then, I usually offer SOMETHING in return for loyalty.) So you can rest assured of a discount if you purchased.

Robert Tewes wrote:I keep checking daily since the Concert Strings 3 product was to be released in September. Today I suddenly see a new update to the website: Spotlight Strings and no Concert Strings 3. Is the CS3 product still in the pipeline for release this month? Any more details?
Thanks!
Stay tuned Robert. I'm working with a fellow KVR-er on a launch. But rest assured, it's a biggie.

Has anyone got the Spotlight strings demo working?
Due to problems with my ISP, downloads have taken me an age but I eventually got everything downloaded OK and followed the detailed instruction to get the demo instrument files enabled. When I've loaded any of the nki files into K5 I am able to play just 1 or 2 notes and then nothing, this happens direct from the keyboard in K5 standalone mode or from my DAW. If I reload an instrument same thing just a brief sound (which sounds incredible by the way) but then nothing.
It is the same with any of the 4X instruments ... any suggestions?
Don

Ya I had to download a couple of files 2x because the first time they came through corrupt. There was also an issue in authorizing in that my Kontakt libraries are on a drive other than C, but Kirk had that sorted out literally within minutes. After that they have all run very well to the 15 min time limit. What you are describing sounds like when the 15 min time limit runs out. I suggest you email Kirk directly.

So far I'm finding the SSS libraries very easy to use. It is, for some reason, the first library I have felt comfortable using keyswitches as opposed to CC#s or multi-timbrals to change articulations. The portamento and L hand slides are much easier to use and program than CS2. I have not explored the vibrato feature all that much yet but seems very good. Working in 15 min segments make it kind of hard to produce anything substantial but I'll try to post something soon.

don1thedon wrote:Has anyone got the Spotlight strings demo working?
Due to problems with my ISP, downloads have taken me an age but I eventually got everything downloaded OK and followed the detailed instruction to get the demo instrument files enabled. When I've loaded any of the nki files into K5 I am able to play just 1 or 2 notes and then nothing, this happens direct from the keyboard in K5 standalone mode or from my DAW. If I reload an instrument same thing just a brief sound (which sounds incredible by the way) but then nothing.
It is the same with any of the 4X instruments ... any suggestions?
Don
Make sure you follow the registration instructions on the provided text file.

KirkHunter wrote:Make sure you follow the registration instructions on the provided text file.
Thanks for the reply Kirk, I thought I had done so but will try again this evening.

Kirk
I have rechecked and I believe everything is as instructed.
I suspect that as you were so clear you thought it may be to do with the instructions that it may be related to the point 9 (marked 'very important')?

So, just to check ... this is meant to be a copy of the same folder (Spotlight) that is now residing within the "library folder" (effectively the container of all the samples etc)?
I notice there is very little else in this destination folder (Win7) and it is also Read Only so I am just confirming the location as it appears very specific [to quote, Resulting in: C:/Users/<username>/Spotlight where username should be that of the computer]?

don1thedon wrote:Kirk
I have rechecked and I believe everything is as instructed.
I suspect that as you were so clear you thought it may be to do with the instructions that it may be related to the point 9 (marked 'very important')?

So, just to check ... this is meant to be a copy of the same folder (Spotlight) that is now residing within the "library folder" (effectively the container of all the samples etc)?
I notice there is very little else in this destination folder (Win7) and it is also Read Only so I am just confirming the location as it appears very specific [to quote, Resulting in: C:/Users/<username>/Spotlight where username should be that of the computer]?
It does not matter whether or not it's a copy. Just so long as you put the Spotlight folder along with its contents into the directory as instruction. If a windows system, then:

C:/Users/<username>/
Resulting in:
C:/Users/<username>/Spotlight
In this case, "<username>" above refers to the username you already have for your system.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”