Pop/Rock Brass

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, the thread title pretty much says it. I'm a happy owner of Pop/Rock Strings, and use it all the time in a live situation with my rock cover band. Love the way one string library can do both solos and divisi because it makes me learn just one instrument to do both; I'd be quite happy if there was a "Pop/Rock Solo Strings" and separate "Pop/Rock Section Strings". I wouldn't want the whole Concert Strings library if it were free because 1) the smaller size of Pop/Rock is VITAL to getting my patches loaded quickly when I'm switching songs on stage, and 2) honestly, next to the rhythm and bass guitars turned to 11+, no one would hear the difference.

I'm unhappy with the brass library in Kontakt, and Session Brass offers no solo instruments. I don't need and definitely don't want a giant brass library...I want something like a, say, 1GB library with "standard" brass instruments, perhaps sampled every few notes, and KH's amazing attention to detail scripts to help me bring them alive onstage.

Even better: If I'm playing a French horn, say for "You Can't Always Get What You Want", there's ZERO chance I'm going to need to play anything else brass for that patch. Ditto for the trumpet in the Cake cover of "I Will Survive". So please give me a separate "French Horn" instrument and a "Solo Trumpet" instrument. They'll load uber-fast, and if for some hell-inspired reason the band wants to do a Stones/Gaynor medley I'll just load two different VSTs in my patch. And then quit.

AnalogGuy1 wrote:Well, the thread title pretty much says it. I'm a happy owner of Pop/Rock Strings, and use it all the time in a live situation with my rock cover band. Love the way one string library can do both solos and divisi because it makes me learn just one instrument to do both; I'd be quite happy if there was a "Pop/Rock Solo Strings" and separate "Pop/Rock Section Strings". I wouldn't want the whole Concert Strings library if it were free because 1) the smaller size of Pop/Rock is VITAL to getting my patches loaded quickly when I'm switching songs on stage, and 2) honestly, next to the rhythm and bass guitars turned to 11+, no one would hear the difference.

I'm unhappy with the brass library in Kontakt, and Session Brass offers no solo instruments. I don't need and definitely don't want a giant brass library...I want something like a, say, 1GB library with "standard" brass instruments, perhaps sampled every few notes, and KH's amazing attention to detail scripts to help me bring them alive onstage.

Even better: If I'm playing a French horn, say for "You Can't Always Get What You Want", there's ZERO chance I'm going to need to play anything else brass for that patch. Ditto for the trumpet in the Cake cover of "I Will Survive". So please give me a separate "French Horn" instrument and a "Solo Trumpet" instrument. They'll load uber-fast, and if for some hell-inspired reason the band wants to do a Stones/Gaynor medley I'll just load two different VSTs in my patch. And then quit.
Food for thought indeed! :)

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”