Spotlight Strings Portamento Keyswitch and Dynamics Knobs

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I noticed the Portamento does not stay on after I select it. Is that a bug?

Also noticed that sometimes several keys show that they are pressed down when in fact they aren't.

What parameters are controlled by the Dynamics knobs? I didn't find any on-screen tool-tips for these.

I've used that quite a bit & like the fact I have to decide where I place portamento. Otherwise I'd end up slip sliding all over the place until I remembered to turn it off. I would vote to keep it as is
Also noticed that sometimes several keys show that they are pressed down when in fact they aren't.
Yes I get the same thing and do believe it is a bug. It just seems to be a visual thing and not effect performance in any way that I've noticed.
What parameters are controlled by the Dynamics knobs? I didn't find any on-screen tool-tips for these.
There are quite a few knobs there. It seems pretty well described in the online manual. I have usually just adjusted the reverb, instrument volume, and panning controls. Is there something specific that's not clear for you?
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

chibear wrote:
I've used that quite a bit & like the fact I have to decide where I place portamento. Otherwise I'd end up slip sliding all over the place until I remembered to turn it off. I would vote to keep it as is
I think so far I just don't understand why the light next to Portamento goes off after I select its keyswitch and play another note. This happens even when I keep the keyswitch depressed, so I'm not sure whether it stays activated or not.
chibear wrote:
Yes I get the same thing and do believe it is a bug. It just seems to be a visual thing and not effect performance in any way that I've noticed.
thanks
chibear wrote:There are quite a few knobs there. It seems pretty well described in the online manual. I have usually just adjusted the reverb, instrument volume, and panning controls. Is there something specific that's not clear for you?
Thanks, I'll take a look at the manual. I just don't see yet what the parameters are for the knobs except for volume. I was looking for tooltip or status text for descriptions but didn't see any. I imagine some of this will become clearer as I use it more. Thanks for your help.

I think so far I just don't understand why the light next to Portamento goes off after I select its keyswitch and play another note. This happens even when I keep the keyswitch depressed, so I'm not sure whether it stays activated or not.
Disclaimer: I'm a brass player trying to explain stringsms.

The Left Hand Shift and Portamento are events that don't normally occur continuously in a solo (Doing so is referred to in orchestral circles as 'schlepping around' and is not considered a good thing)(You'll also notice that 'slur on overlap' does stay on because long passages are often slurred). I believe Kirk programmed those to go off after one execution so you would have to activate it again, probably for his own sanity in having to listen to our attempts as well as authenticity.It would probably be more understandable if they had their own section like 'FX' or something like that.
I was looking for tooltip or status text for descriptions
+1 I wouldn't mind if all of those eventually had input fields and/or spinners rather than nobs & sliders so we could be more exact (and quicker) when inputting values. Same goes for the vibrato controls.
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

Thanks again for enlightenment.

Jim

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”