Sonic artifiacts in upper range of Spotlight instruments

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just bought Spotlight, really really love the sound of it in general, but I do notice some kind of sonic artifacts in the upper ranges of all the instruments. My guess is that it's frequency scaling of single samples over multiple notes, which for some reason is especially obvious there. Some of the more "noise"-like components of the sound change pitch in a pretty unnatural way when you play across different keys. It's especially noticeable on solo instruments, much less in sections.

Is anyone else noticing anything like this? Any tips on minimizing it?

Don't get me wrong, I still love the library, it totally blows away everything else I have in this space, in a bunch of ways, and is a great buy, especially now. Just making sure I have a handle on getting the best out of it.

No comments, hmmm. I'm I being politically incorrect by talking about this here? Or is it that I'm the only one who hears it?

I looked into it on my machine on your first post and heard nothing unusual in the high registers. If you play my 'Romanze' track on SC it ends quite high in the solo violin. Do you hear it there?
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

Interesting, thanks for the feedback.

No I don't hear anything weird on that high stuff at the end of Romanze, using some medium crappy USB headphones and laptop built-in audio here at work, but the violin is mixed in with other instruments that might cover it up some. I'll check again at home tonight using my AKGs and the Focusrite 2i2 I use for messing around, which is where I heard it originally.

My original thought when I first heard it was something in the library, but maybe it's the playback. Haven't heard it with other material, but high solo strings are a really different signal than most others.

Also could be a quality setting in Kontakt or Studio One. I'm new to both, but I think they both have something like that, will investigate.

Thanks again.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”