Concert Brass "Analyzing files" while loading

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi!

Has anyone got this problem?
Every time I load an instance of (or a project with) Concert Brass' French Horns, it takes a while analyzing every files it is loading. This doesn't happen whith the other instruments. :/

Yes I can confirm that horns take a lot longer to load than the other Brass. Oddly this only seems to happen the first load of that particular boot-up. Subsequent ones go much faster. In another thread Kirk discussed some file-checking process Kontakt does. That might be it. Be that as it may, I'm considering getting another SSD for all my KH libraries
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

yes, it's the same for me. To precise it's for the Concert Brass 2 Library (for all sets TVEC 3, 4, 4.1 ).

It is not for the French Horns in Diamond Orchestra Concert Brass I set.

Analyzing files means Analyzing Samples as additional step after the loading itself occuring for French horns within Concert Brass 2 library only:
[img]
Concert_brass_2_fh_analyzing_samples.jpg
[/img]

As there are .ndx files it might be related to the second possible root cause mentioned here http://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... hy.136446/
The patch is using AET filter, and the analysis files (.NDX) are missing, so they need to be rebuilt.
If this is the cause, then rebuilding the AET morph maps seems not just a push the rebuild button in Edit morph map and would need Kirk's assistance.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Yes, that's it!

I guess I'm not the only one, then.
If it's an unnecessary step, this should be resolved ASAP... :/

Yes, that's it!

I guess I'm not the only one, then.
If it's an unnecessary step, this should be resolved ASAP... :/

by the way:
if the loading time really bothers you then it might be worth to check out the Kirk Hunter French Horns from the Independence distribution [img]
KHSO_french_horn.jpg
[/img].
Independence Sampler was developed initially by Yellow Tools - a small, smart and efficient development team like Kirk :) taken over in 2012 by MAGIX).

Independence has many features implemented which you can define just by GUI selectable rules where on the other hand you would have to write thousands of KSP code lines in Kontakt to get the same. However, the drawbacks are it's not main stream - not much chance to earn as a library provider - and there are not as much libraries available for Independence (and 'Engine', the 'Player' version for the YTIL format). Second the YTIL (Yellow Tools Independence Library) Format is a unique direction - no converter back available, only Chicken System's Translator 6 to convert into YTIL (... these days with build 31 updated to support YTIL v3 :tu: )

I've just loaded a 16 channel Multi bank set in Kontakt (10 Minutes load time) and the same sample sets configured in 16 channels called 'layers' , just a few seconds, just loaded the project and play.

I don't know how many times I was shaking between these two and other samplers - either to be with the main stream (Kontakt) and having all the exciting libraries at my hands or just to be able make music (Independence or earlier EM-U Emulator X3).

Today I want just make music, is my Independence Day!

Cheers, Thomas
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Wow, didn't know about this at all.
I'll check it out. ;)

I'm currently writing a step-by-step Guide for the Chicken Systems Translator for converting to Independence (Translator is a very special software - but once sorted out the one of the many possible workflows and configurations to achieve a goal it works and seems to be the only converter today which still has active development cycles).

Nevertheless, I didn't give it up yet with Kontakt. I'm still fighting for getting improvements in usability and load performance - not hesitating to provide all possible evidences and avoid in advance the typical answers, ... just check out the quick load feature, DFD configurations, disable Virusscanner etc. etc.,
see my feature request herehttp://www.native-instruments.com/forum ... on.223748/ :(

While the initial question of the thread was about the extra samples analyzing cycle for the French Horns in Concert Brass 2 it touched once again the load times issue in general in Kontakt. There are lots' of similiar requests in NI Kontakt forums - also it seems that up to Kontakt 3.5 there was a load-purged option which was removed for some reason for later versions.

However, there seems no one-fits-for all solution. Kontakt's strengthen seems more to focus on to be the perfect engine for creating individual instruments and less for an operational framework to handle large multirack sets. I mentioned the alternative with Independence Pro in my last post. In fact I've done the promised conversion how-to https://www.dropbox.com/sh/753l2nbu1bko ... 5DI6I4Cr5a
But what might be more interesting for the audience here is the capability of Independence Pro to act as VST Host. This allows to overcome Kontakt's operational scalability limitations and still use the unbeatable instruments from Kontakt for the Solists.
I'm currently using for the orchestra Kirk Hunters factory implementation in Independence Pro (no load time, just start and play) but load only for the exciting Solo Violinist the Spotlight instrument from Kirk into the Kontakt VST plugin in the Independence Rack.
How this works on Windows and Mac see here:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6ai34wcwjcq4 ... J_oIcTuP3a

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”