Spotlight Strings Manual?

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just downloaded the demo of Spotlight Strings and am wondering where the manual is? There are a few things I'm not finding. One is dynamic control. I see that CC1 can be used for Vibrato, but if that is set to automatic, can CC1 (mod wheel) be used for dynamics? If not, I'mthinking the four rotary knobs at the bottom of the interface might be involved? They're not marked though and that's when I started looking for the manual.

I guess I'm looking for a list/explanation of the various controller assignments, aside from what is shown in the main interface? Would love to go through the manual in general as well. In a couple of forums I've seen mention of an Online Manual but haven't found it.

Thank you!!

Hi, just a user like you here.Here is the only manual there is. I gave the link for the page that details dynamics. What I usually do is assign the 3 vibrato parameters to 3 different knobs on my keyboard and use CC11 for volume. Sometimes when I'm being lazy I assign vibrato speed and intensity to CC1.
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

Thank you! That explains it. Only thing I can't quite figure out is I guess there isn't a dynamic control per se? As you say, you're using CC11 to control volume. What I'm wondering about is controlling going from less aggressive velocity layers to more aggressive velocity layers. Or that's what CC1 is controlling by default?

Again, thanks for the help!

I haven't tried this yet in a composition as far as practicality, but you can assign host automation to the volume dial of the soloist(s) you are using (lower LH corner of UI) and then assign that automation to a dial or slider on your keyboard and record it and manipulate it manually in an automation lane. This separates volume from soundstyle and color which are really what the velocity layers provide.
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

Sorry, I'm not being clear. What I meant was, the way it is set up, does CC1 control dynamics (volume and sound style)? It seems that you can have it control vibrato, but dynamics is only controllable by velocity?

Ahhh you mean you want it to work like some of a competitor's XXSO DXF patches or it's 'H' Strings. I don't think that's possible. I believe the only way you can access the velocity layers is via velocity.

I guess you're right, that's what iwas looking for! Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”