TVEC3, 4.0 and 4.1; which instruments to use?

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Which folder should I be using for a given instrument and why? For example: There is a folder for all three TVEC versions: "a French Horns 8, 4, 2, 1, all have different folder sizes which means the sample content. Right? What are the differences?

Thanks
"Let us wander through a great modern city with our ears more alert than our eyes..." Luigi Russolo, 1913

I would and do use the latest versions available for the instrument (4.1 for trpts, horns, and trombones, 4.0 for tuba). I can't say for sure, but would imagine the earlier versions are there to provide backward compatability so projects done in an earlier version will still run without having to reload each instrument, a lesson EWQL has yet to learn with Play.
Intel 3930K, Gigabyte Ga-X79-UP4, Corsair AX860i, 64GB gSkill RAM, 4 X 120 GB Intel 520 SSD, 1T & 2T WD caviar black, EVGA nVidea 560, Asus Xonar Essence STX, Mixcraft 7 64 bit. Kontakt 5, MP, EWQL, KH, Omni. Soundcloud YouTube

That makes perfect sense.

Hmm, funny you should mention EWQL. I've been looking over the Hollywood Strings bundle. A discussion for elswhere, perhaps.
"Let us wander through a great modern city with our ears more alert than our eyes..." Luigi Russolo, 1913

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”