Kontakt 4: Batch re-save not "sticking" w/Emerald Orch

Official support for: kirkhunterstudios.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi All:

Whenever I load an Emerald Orch instrument into K4 I receive the msg that it can't locate the samples. So I navigate over to the main folder for that instrument, and it loads just fine. (The main folder contains many other folders which contain the actual wav files. As long as I point K4 to the main sample folder, it will locate all the wavs within the other folders.) If I check the box to remember the selected folders for the current session, K4 will do that. IOW, I can delete and reload that instrument and K4 will find the wavs on its own. But if I close and reopen K4 it will not remember where the wavs are.

I've followed the instructions for batch re-save, but if I close and reopen K4, it STILL will not remember where the samples are. NI tech sup suggested that I try to to do a batch re-save in "smaller batches." But even if I point K4 directly to a wav-containing folder, it still won't remember the location next time. Tech sup also suggested that sometimes older libraries weren't written exactly right, so batch re-save may never work.

Can anyone help? Thx!

BTW, I'm running K4 on Windows 7, in standalone mode (which was recommended).

Dave

Are you doing this within a DAW? If so, you have to resave your project after finding the missing samples. And this has to be done for each project individually. Batch resaving in standalone has no relation to this, because the whole state of Kontakt plugin instances is actually stored within the project file (NKIs are not referenced, but self-contained in the project file).

Doesn't matter whether it's w/in a DAW or standalone, batch re-save doesn't work.

You're doing it wrong, then...

That's not helpful.

I'm not doing it wrong. I followed the NI instructions exactly. But what I discovered is that a batch re-save isn't what I need to do. What works is to load the instrument, then choose Save as... Then I just re-save it w/the same name, in the same location, w/ "patch only" checked. THEN, Kontakt remembers the location of the samples.
Last edited by Dave M on Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Batch Resave works OK in K4 here (but I have not needed to do it for Emerald (or Diamond)).

After you have done a Batch Resave, double-check the folder where the saved instruments are - has their Date Modified changed to "just now".
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Hey Dark Star,

Check my edited reply. Looks like batch resave isn't the right operation.

To answer your question, no, the Date Modified didn't change on any of the folders or the samples themselves after I did a batch resave.

Return to “Kirk Hunter Studios”