New Synth K-700, available soon

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)

Would you like to own this softsynth?

Poll ended at Sun Dec 08, 2002 2:00 am

Yes
38%
No
35%
Not Bothered
27%

Total votes: 26

RELATED
PRODUCTS

You will find details of my new softsynth the K-700 at the following site: http://www.ianweb.dial.pipex.com. Created as a tribute to some of the much loved and forgotten synths of the 1970's I have tried as best I can to recreate the aspects of the original synths which gave them their unique character.
Please check it out and let me know what you think..

I don't see the K-700 there...I see an "Osigator" and a filter, though. Quite pretty, too...
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

Hit CTRL F5 on your browser to reresh your cache

looks interesting..the GUI reminds me of old API-gear..

i guess this is pc only..
peace, Image

Yeah sorry, PC only.. :(

sorry, then you have to delete my yes-vote! :wink:

peace, moritz
peace, Image

hmmm, looks pretty nice. Good design, and I bet it's a snap to use... :D
There are rocketships outside of my window. Really: www.cosmo.org
www.theelectronicgarden.com

It reminds me of an old Korg monosynth I used to own back in the 80's (it's the only synth I regret selling).In fact the more I look at it the more it looks exactly like the old Korg-dials,sliders and switches.Is this a synthedit creation?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

It would be fair to say that the design of this synth was inspired by a love affair that I had with a particular synth of the 70's - 80's. Of course any similarity to the synth that you mentioned would be purely coincidental as I am sure that Korg would be very protective of their intellectual rights. The synth has been designed (using synthedit) from the ground up as new but I was very keen to keep the interface elements of this particular synth a I felt this would be appropriate to the ease of use and the speed of getting sounds out of the synth... Thanks for the good comments.

Ohhhh I get it now.No I don't see any resemblance to any brand name copywritten synth :wink: Can't wait to hear it-should bring back a flood of memories.Any idea of price?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I was thinking about the £9.95 mark. There is a Demo version available on the web-site now...!! :D
http://www.ianweb.dial.pipex.com

Try it out and see if it works for you (it doesn't like Cubase SX I'm afraid)

ian ...

looks like were at about the same stage in our synth building careers :D ...

coupla questions [out of curiosity ... no malice intended] ...

where and why do you stand on the charging for synthedit synths debate [im assuming youve registered synthedit here] :?:

and ...

what payment system are you planning on using :?:

and ...

how are you placing limitations on the demo version :?:

like i said ... just curious ... im considering charging a nominal fee for my new synthedit synth [inVECTion ... if im actually ALLOWED to call it that ... you know who you are :!: ] and would welcome your [and anyone elses] insights ...

... cheers :? rob

eXpeRIMentFOUR, theres a reply on the synthedit forum..

kay ... thx m8 ... off there now ...

... cheers :? rob

Just checked out the demo.No legato mode? It reminds of my old board right down to the " I and II" but needs legato to be accurate or is my memory of the 80's worse than I thought?

Return to “Modular Synthesis”