Tassman 5, any words?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tassman

I suppose it's not an easy thing to do...

Colin at Loomer is coding a modular MIDI environment which has also took longer than expected. Now imagine modular, physical modeling and for multiple OS. Bitwig is another example. VERY advanced technology doesn't grow on trees.

It's certainly not easy work. No doubt. Physical modeling is mostly relegated to underfunded research and hobbyists with huge math brains.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Jace-BeOS wrote:It's certainly not easy work. No doubt. Physical modeling is mostly relegated to underfunded research and hobbyists with huge math brains.
:lol:
No auto tune...

I wrote to them to find out what the story was.

Without pasting the whole reply here Marc basically said that turning the 18 year old code into 64bit compatible is really hard. He also implies that the new products could be part of T5 and while he was unwilling to commit to any timetable he said "These new developments as well as many improvements can for sure be brought back into Tassman's modular environment although I could not say right now when this will be completed."

Take from it what you will.

Let's play the 'first person to mention T5 loses' game

CinningBao wrote: Take from it what you will.
smells like abandonware :hihi: :evil: :clown:

Ah, this thread really shows you how well we deal with tragedy; humour

I don't believe in T5. Gladly there are other competitors. And when (or if) T5 gets released I'll just be positively surprised :D
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

stardustmedia wrote:when (or if) T5 gets released I'll just be positively surprised
Agree all around. I got a courteous email from AAS apologizing for raising expectations for T5 soon, and that we'll see it "if and when it will be out." Because I will be using T4 for a while I changed a few of the Dr Kleb mac bitmap files to white text on dark green (but AAS could update the skin better :pray:)
Dr Kleb+Reverse+Tint.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

RIP Tassman, you were a good idea back in the day.
:borg:

Very disappointed now to see signs AAS are apparently abandoning T4's successor.

I reckon personally their new delay thing could have better as just a paid upgrade to Chromophone 2 with which it shares so many features. Maybe they realise this and are too embarrassed to include it on their own site or produce a mailshot (unless I missed it)!!

Moving to real modular is interesting - maybe this could augur well for a collaborative Tassman, unless their partners are tied to Softube ?

But whatever happens I am sure I can forgive them the delay, because of I love the sounds everything they produce makes and if we are surprised by Tassman it's on my wishlist for certain .

Kaivo of Madrona Labs is far better.
Even Sculpture of Logic is doing a finer sound....

martinjuenke wrote:Kaivo of Madrona Labs is far better.
Even Sculpture of Logic is doing a finer sound....
i don't find these things to be comparable. they're all quite different. tassman does more than _just_ physical modeling. is great for live input/FX/processing.

yeah, i'm not too keen on labeling any of the physical modelling as 'bad' or 'better than x' - they all use the developers' own interpretation of the maths. even the basic karplus-strong has a place among all the modal feedback networks or whatever the jargon/technology is called.

the 'new' stuff is always interesting and fresh to new ears, but ultimately it all ends up in the very-slowly-growing pile of ever-improving interpretations of sound generation using real-world simulations.

They realised there's no real market for a modular PM Synth so realese ready made synths that Jo public can get his head round
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:They realised there's no real market for a modular PM Synth so realese ready made synths that Jo public can get his head round
yeah.. no one is into modular synths these days :roll: :dog:

that's solid marketing they're responding too. :roll:

srsly... they just collaborated with intellijel for a PM module

Return to “Modular Synthesis”