Tassman 5, any words?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tassman

dayjob wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:They realised there's no real market for a modular PM Synth so realese ready made synths that Jo public can get his head round
yeah.. no one is into modular synths these days :roll: :dog:

that's solid marketing they're responding too. :roll:

srsly... they just collaborated with intellijel for a PM module
Clearly no idea

:clap:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

VariKusBrainZ wrote:They realised there's no real market for a modular PM Synth so realese ready made synths that Jo public can get his head round
It is just too big of a task for them... that is all.

I think Reaktor and Softube Modular show there is a market for modular synths in general, if there is no longer a market for Tassman that is their fault, not the market's. They have neglected it for years and made the modular aspect too inaccessible. I think if they updated it with new modules and gui, made the builder work in realtime, with a more accessible interface, much better patch management and proper automation support there would certainly be a market for it.

I think they should not try to compete with Reaktor and others. That'd be too much of effort. But maybe using their existing emulation synths (code) and create a modular system with them. That'd be something no one else has.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

nothing new here, eh?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Not so good, all the linear of Tassman

will T5 ever arrive?

lalo wrote:will T5 ever arrive?

gonna go out on a limb and say nope.. not gonna happen. it's gotta be the lowest of priorities for them apparently.

I seriously wonder what's going on over there at AAS. Reskinning old plugins and repackaging existing modules into separate plugins can't be everything they've been doing in all those years, right? I truly hope they'll reveal something truly remarkable in the near future. :shrug:

Sadly, all evidence shows that their 'remarkable' days were long ago. When you read this thread, their story becomes clear. Perhaps some day they will repackage all their synths and FX plugins-- but separated into their modules-- and call it Tassman 5.
Last edited by Michael L on Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
H E L P
Y O U R
F L O W

paterpeter wrote:I seriously wonder what's going on over there at AAS. Reskinning old plugins and repackaging existing modules into separate plugins can't be everything they've been doing in all those years, right? I truly hope they'll reveal something truly remarkable in the near future. :shrug:
I know I'm completely talking out of my ass here, but I get the impression that maybe their code wasn't designed with future revisions in mind and now maybe they find it too difficult to make major changes. If we see Tassman 5 it'll probably just be a GUI update.

paterpeter wrote:I seriously wonder what's going on over there at AAS. Reskinning old plugins and repackaging existing modules into separate plugins can't be everything they've been doing in all those years, right? I truly hope they'll reveal something truly remarkable in the near future. :shrug:

they made stuff (repackaged) for ableton and worked with intellijel to make the Plonk physical modeling module for eurorack.

but otherwise they've updated their existing line of things other than tassman.. which 10+ years overdue for a make over. as is well said in this thread.

masterhiggins wrote:I get the impression that maybe their code wasn't designed with future revisions in mind and now maybe they find it too difficult to make major changes.
Yeah, I pretty much said the same thing on page 1.
viewtopic.php?p=2262427#p2262427
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:
masterhiggins wrote:I get the impression that maybe their code wasn't designed with future revisions in mind and now maybe they find it too difficult to make major changes.
Yeah, I pretty much said the same thing on page 1.
viewtopic.php?p=2262427#p2262427

Well it seems that you nailed it! :(

http://www.dontcrack.com/news/2017/10/a ... preciated/

The verdict is in. The Tassman book is closed! :(

It was a great ride!

'As of today, Objec Delay replaces Tassman 4 in the Modeling collection.'

Does that mean if you own the Modelling collection already you can get Objec Delay now?

Return to “Modular Synthesis”