Top 10 SynthEdit modules

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Any must have module shoud be mentioned here. Please do not advertise your own plugin... only if it's really good. Oscillators, Filters, ... anything
I do this, to make database, so you don't have to search the net all day long.
Cheers. :)

Easy. The PD Oscillator is the best thing in SE.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Erm, my favorites are the Switches and Subtract.

Switches because they are so simple, and the possibilities are endless. And Subtract because an audio-rate subtract is pure genius, more fun than should be legal. You want a square wave that smoothly morphs into a triangle wave (or any other two waves)? It's a snap with Subtract.

I love those conversion modules too--saves me a bit of mental trickery.

That "Soft Distortion" module is mighty tasty as well. Perfect for fattening up a thin-sounding synth.
--James

See what looking pretty cool will get ya . . .

For me it's CK tap tempo & Dave Haupt's Sampler. The former for building my own custom BPM counters, and the latter for twisted audio-input synths, perfect for any working DJ.....

Soft Distortion makes wonders...

The wole CK module range.
VERY good stuff and CPU friendly too.

PJ

BONES wrote:Easy. The PD Oscillator is the best thing in SE.
Can anybody give me a decent preset ??? Coz i think PD Osc sucks. No offense. Maby it is because it does not fit in my musical world :roll: I really like Exciton. It's the best lead synth ever !!! NO VST can beat that synth.
It's just my opinion. I can't emulate that with synthedit.

My favourite module is my own 'WRD_Anechoic_Chamber' module, but its unreleased as yet; gotta work on the 'sleep' logic a bit more, and maybe do some more optimisations.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

tranceinstitute wrote:
BONES wrote:Easy. The PD Oscillator is the best thing in SE.
Can anybody give me a decent preset ??? Coz i think PD Osc sucks. No offense. Maby it is because it does not fit in my musical world :roll: I really like Exciton. It's the best lead synth ever !!! NO VST can beat that synth.
It's just my opinion. I can't emulate that with synthedit.
Yes...I'd agree with you there on both counts:

Firstly, the PD Oscillator isn't that great. Maybe this is why I don't like the sound of BONES plugins if he uses it in all of them, makes them all sound the same IMO.

Secondly, Exciton is truly excellent synthesis plugin which is why we made it our featured plugin of the week over at www.patcharena.com and why we invited them to have their company forums with us :D

whyterabbyt wrote:My favourite module is my own 'WRD_Anechoic_Chamber' module, but its unreleased as yet; gotta work on the 'sleep' logic a bit more, and maybe do some more optimisations.
I'm glad to hear that you have programming skills. I wish I had too (maby I have, but I didn't discover it). I have a little C knowledge.
Cheers.

PS Hope ya not mad @ me.

:?

tranceinstitute quoth I'm glad to hear that you have programming skills. I wish I had too (maby I have, but I didn't discover it). I have a little C knowledge.
Cheers.

I used to be a programmer, but I wasnt great at it. Designing solutions I was excellent at, but actually writing the code itself bored me to tears. I mostly use scripting languages (ie Perl) these days.

Getting back into C++, though. DSP code is fairly simple, though, so I dont need to remember much of the bells and whistles of C++; just treat it as a slightly more sophisticated subset of C.

BTW The anechoic chamber module was actually a joke. But I am writing a few real SE modules.

PS Hope ya not mad @ me.

Nope. I react strongly, but rarely carry grudges.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

how do i make a saw or exponential wave?

tranceinstitute wrote:Can anybody give me a decent preset ??? Coz i think PD Osc sucks.
Download the latest version of EGOkILLER and try the VelocityBASS and SynStrings. Or just listen to the mp3 on the page.

PatchArena, thanks for taking the time to notice that only two of my 7 VSTi use the PD Osc. Of the 7 there are only three that I use much, and only one of them uses PD Oscillators.

I use EGOkILLER on pretty much every track I work on these days. The PD Osc is just so incredibly fat and easy to manipulate, especially with velocity. I find it so easy to use and so hard to replace with anything else.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

Just about everything David Haupt codes is fantastic.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”