New graphical programming system in the works....

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi looks very promising, keep it up!
Of course it will be difficult te make everyone happy.
As SM is dying and SE is also not updated since ages this is a good new thing.
I hope it is going to be something like SM and SE with some underlying programming maybe.

Hopefully you get it out soon!

Also it seems to work with IE9.

Bueno!
Why should something easy be simple?

Musica Electronica
Free tracks
BCR2000 presets

Tzarls, from a non-programmer who is interested in programming, this looks very interesting to me. I tried Synthedit, and it seemed like there was a dead end at every turn, trying to stitch those blocks together. Having this running as a plugin in a daw seems like it would make for a very cool learning environment.

It's nice to see there's interest. Stay tuned, I want to post a new video (as soon as I get some time to actually record it!).

Still waiting!

Patience my friend... in time all will be revealed... :wink:

Hi could you put the link to your project here?
I can't find it anymore.
Thanks a lot.

:D
Why should something easy be simple?

Musica Electronica
Free tracks
BCR2000 presets

The links to the videos are on the first page of the thread. There isn't much more than the info posted here right now - in time I'll add to that info.

Finally!!!

I'm sorry for the long delay. I spent a couple of weeks battling with a bug to find that the problem was actually MS's VS2010 not doing it's job the way it should. Then I spent another couple of weeks trying to get a proper toolchain for making this video while spending a total of US$0.00. I might end buying Vegas 11 Platinum though - for it's price look very useful.

Anyway, here's a new video about Genera. In this video I'll show you how one can use Genera to make a metronome, a wave file player and a simple drum machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jAInqDXcYI&feature=plcp

Oh, and be prepared for the upcoming "Pregnancy sale" (we're going to need diapers!). Enjoy! :)

Promissing videos! Thanks for everything.
Any tutorial about programming the scripts in Genera?

You mean the sintax used for the scripts? It is very similar to C++. I'll have to include a nice amount of sample scripts with the main program so users can learn from them. In a month or so (after our upcoming sale is over and I recover from the shock caused by the overwhelming reception it got :wink: ) I should be able to release an "early alpha" version so you can try it and give feedback.

Stay tuned!

Any tutorial on C++ use in Genera is welcome, probably for most of us. Majority of us are not programmers and we occasionaly feel crippled. For greater popularity of Genera, a more carefull approach is wanted. Something like that tutorial on Kontakt scripting language or Usine scripting language. Youtube videos are perfect additional tools for popularization.
For examples on programming in Genera, I would like to suggest at least two simple, short scripts, one for MIDI and one for auudio processing covering every lesson as presented on this page:
http://www.cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/

thanks

Good point. Yes, I'll include sample scripts with complexities ranging from very very simple to advanced, along with step-by-step explanations. Something like a script for just passing values (copying the inputs to the outputs), then one for scaling the inputs (in other words, adjusting levels), and so on. I'm beginning to think that setting up a forum would be a smart move - communities tend to be a great source of information.

If I can suggest that Genera offers a single class for dealing with all or most of midievents in familiar format: event type, channel, data1, data 2.

This looks like something Ive been waiting for. Now I'm using SE and I can program a little bit and make my own sems but not good enough. Being able to do things like this seems much more fitting for me.

Right now I'm considering all the different options to handle MIDI events and the way to interface MIDI, audio and GUI in a seamless way. But yes, my aim with MIDI is to make its handling as simple and "standard" as possible.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”