Where are all the great Reaktor ensemble builders?

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Nope, I'm not kidding. To me there's been a change - I don't think it's that there are none being produced, just that the off the wall, weird and wonderful original mind blowing ones just don't get produced at the rate that they used to.

I tend to not pull them apart (mostly due to not having the time rather than inclination), so I want to use them out of the box so to speak.

stanlea wrote:Maybe the lack or real new modules since several years has stopped time investment from builders. There are so nice tools that it's getting hard to make better ATM.
you must be kidding .
On the primary level we have almost everything we need , don't forget the sine and modal bank ...10'000 partials anyone .
Sure some modules could benefit for some maintenance updating , but in the end almost everything is possible if you are willing to invest time into core and math in general .
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

gentleclockdivider wrote:
stanlea wrote:Maybe the lack or real new modules since several years has stopped time investment from builders. There are so nice tools that it's getting hard to make better ATM.
you must be kidding .
On the primary level we have almost everything we need
for varying values of 'we'.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Things seem to have changed with the 5.8 update. A lot of good changes were made, but it seems to have given me a wealth of options and it is more difficult to make up my mind. :o

i have traced 2 old great reaktor builders so far:

Gabriel Mulzer
works now for
http://www.sugar-bytes.de

Dietrich Pank
works now at
http://meltedsounds.com

Peter Dines
http://www.reaktortips.com/

nvm

gabriel mulzer does not work for sugarbytes ...
http://www.sugar-bytes.de/content/compa ... hp?lang=en
You mean 'rico baade = programchild
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

To start with - to be as creative and productive as e.g. Martin Brinkmann was - you can only do that over limited period of time. I don't see the old avant-garde to come back and be as productive and innovative once more. A few comebacks but not to the same level. People move on.

Therefor we need fresh blood. When Reaktor was released and the following years, softssynths was something new and innovative - it attracted innovative people. Also the sharing culture founded in the early days of Internet was still fresh in memory and the Reaktor User Library built on that. Now 10-15 year later and thousands of fantastic instruments in the UL already, why bother to invest hundreds or even thousands of hours to master an DSP IDE that hasn't had an major update in 9 years. To impress people nowadays takes alot - what would be jaw dropping then is now ignored. Low hanging fruits are already picked. General IDE's and code libraries has also improved making the reason to jump on a propriety graphical development environment less attractive.

Also there are other unrelated areas that attract programming talent such as computer graphics 5-7 years ago with Processing and VVVV. And Max4Live not to forget.

Salamanderanagram does his best to make Reaktor more accessible to others than programming wizkids but it's not reaching out IMHO and there's alot of ground to cover that NI never bothered to.

If we ever get to see Reaktor 6 we might have a new golden age in the Reaktor community but I'm not totally convinced even a major upgrade will do it. Things have moved on.

Computer power holds back modular processes, it's the ugly truth.
Salamanderanagram's tutorials have been invaluable for me so far. I wish he would continue some of them where they left off. Reaktor itself is a very different paradigm to sound design, having tutorials is very helpful. As you say ZooTook, NI leaves a lot to be desired, and some things Reaktor is not capable to do. But some things it does really well.

[deleted by author]
Last edited by arachnaut on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jim Hurley - experimental music
Windows 10 Pro (20H2 19042.662); i9-9900K@5.1GHz;
Cakewalk; Adam Audio A8X; Axiom 61

Necro thread!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Well. When one has to justify one's existence by producing copious quantities of arbitrarily assigned fiat "value" in a monkey-brained, incoherent dominance hierarchy - doing this kind of work for free can only be sustained for a finite period.

Bwa ha ha ha!

[deleted by author]
Last edited by arachnaut on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

arachnaut wrote:I don't understand that post, but if you mean people can only work for free for so long, you should realize that some people work for other reasons, maybe just to express a creative force?

Everytime I make a post at KVR I am reminded why I seldom post or visit here.
the ' necrothread ' comment :
you have posted in a thread that has been inactive for almost three years ...

the codestation comment : :shrug:
he is in love w/ the sound of his own typing ...

[sent to the bowels of The Necronomicon - where even Cthulhu fears to tread]
Last edited by arachnaut on Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Modular Synthesis”