Reaktor monokl

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Id like to show you my reaktor work in progress

"Monokl"

It will be 6 monosynths. every synth has a modulationmatrix where envs can be gated by lfos and later sequencers

on top of that there is a modmatrix that can be acessed by any of the 6 synths. so you have global modulators.

the assignmant of the modulations is done per drag and drop. per animation you can always keep track of what is happening, modsources are also a colour coded.

until now there is no sequencing and no midi. any kind of triggering comes from the lfos. Thats why the examples are not really musical and a bit boring if you just listen to the sound but still you can get a picture of what will be possible in the future. You might zap through the vids the last one might be the most "musical"

Also there are no filters and fx, so everything you hear are the oscillators

comments appreciated
YT playlist please switch to fullscreen 1080p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCXXhVbk ... iaYg3gNHJm

edit: it doesnt seem to be possible to insert a playlist here. anybody knows how?

Looks very interesting - I love ensembles like this. Can the LFOs be set by directly inputting the rate in Hertz ?

thanks for watching!

you cant input numeric values. but with the next update of the lfos you will see the the rate in Hz on the panel.

i prefer the triggering by lfos.
step and midi input is boring.

vurt wrote:i prefer the triggering by lfos.
step and midi input is boring.
there will be both.

thanks for watching!

Looks awesome - when will it be out?

aMUSEd wrote:Looks awesome - when will it be out?
still a long way to go. Im planning to insert 2 filters with routing. Also I think about note sequencers, but that might be nice for an update or a version2. Also dokumentation will take some time to finish. An other big thing will be hardware integration with maschine controller.

My plan is to have it ready this year. There will be a beta stage probably in the summer.

Thmks for watching! Right now im doing a video with voice comments.

Will it be a UL upload or are you planning on it being a commercial product?

mvkeinen wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:Looks awesome - when will it be out?
still a long way to go. Im planning to insert 2 filters with routing. Also I think about note sequencers, but that might be nice for an update or a version2. Also dokumentation will take some time to finish. An other big thing will be hardware integration with maschine controller.
Cool - it might be worth looking at Kore integration too if you are doing that.

robojam wrote:Will it be a UL upload or are you planning on it being a commercial product?
a small version of it is going to be in the UL.

Id love to do it commercial, but there are some legal things to sort out before. Im using a framework from another builder who is now an employee at NI. Also the special thing about it is the GUI and the datamanagement but compared to that the Audioengine is not really advanced. So Id love to do a coop with a reaktor DSP-pro whom I have to convince of the quality of my work.

There are some things I have not seen in other Reaktor creations like copying of containers. (copy the settings of one Osc/filter/env/lfo to the other to speed up the sound editing) Or copying whole channels to get some weird unisono settings.

also I've started Maschine integration and there is the function that you can activate a parameter with the mouse and edit it with a "Mackie V-pot" (relative midi) with maschine in controller-mode. This also speeds up the editing-process a great deal.

but there is a long way to go before I can think about commercial use so there is a lot of time to sort out those things.

@aMUSEd: unfortenately I dont own Kore and I dont know if I have to take Kore into accound while programming or if its possible to let some willing Betatester do Kore-integration.

Thanks for the interest!

Return to “Modular Synthesis”