XSRDO Patchwork modular

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jorgeelalto wrote:This is really interesting,but a pity it's synthedit :P.
What does that mean.

Kirsty

AutoMotto wrote: I have FL Studio 12.2 And the current version of this plugin and NONE of the modules move, not even ones in use and there is NO WAY to delete or move unused modules. Perhaps in your DAW it works, but not FL.
That seems wrong. Maybe a bug?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

kirsty roland wrote:
What does that mean.

Kirsty
Sorry, I meant that this project is interesting, but I don't really like synthedit. Even so, I'll follow this topic :D

(If I'm not mistaken, I've seen that this modular is made with SynthEdit. I could be wrong :p)

Jorgeelalto wrote:
kirsty roland wrote:
What does that mean.

Kirsty
Sorry, I meant that this project is interesting, but I don't really like synthedit. Even so, I'll follow this topic :D

(If I'm not mistaken, I've seen that this modular is made with SynthEdit. I could be wrong :p)
?

Seems you are a Reaper user, x32 synthedit stuff loads just fine in Reaper x64.

pottering wrote:
Jorgeelalto wrote:
kirsty roland wrote:
What does that mean.

Kirsty

?

Seems you are a Reaper user, x32 synthedit stuff loads just fine in Reaper x64.
I know, I've been using SynthEdit plugins for some time. I'll give it a try. It's that SynthEdit plugins usually consume more CPU than non-SE plugins. Maybe it's my computer that is very underpowered, or maybe it's me, sometimes I'm a bit mad about it :oops: :help:

Jorgeelalto wrote: I know, I've been using SynthEdit plugins for some time. I'll give it a try. It's that SynthEdit plugins usually consume more CPU than non-SE plugins. Maybe it's my computer that is very underpowered, or maybe it's me, sometimes I'm a bit mad about it :oops: :help:
SynthEdit is just the framework that has been used. Kirsty coded ALL modules himself if I'm not mistaking. CPU usage is remarkably low!
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Nielzie wrote:
Jorgeelalto wrote: I know, I've been using SynthEdit plugins for some time. I'll give it a try. It's that SynthEdit plugins usually consume more CPU than non-SE plugins. Maybe it's my computer that is very underpowered, or maybe it's me, sometimes I'm a bit mad about it :oops: :help:
SynthEdit is just the framework that has been used. Kirsty coded ALL modules himself if I'm not mistaking. CPU usage is remarkably low!
Well, in that case, I'm very interested in this! :D Thank you.

Nielzie wrote:
AutoMotto wrote: I have FL Studio 12.2 And the current version of this plugin and NONE of the modules move, not even ones in use and there is NO WAY to delete or move unused modules. Perhaps in your DAW it works, but not FL.
Most likely is a bug, sadly the Dev doesn't seem too interested to offer a reply. But never mind, there is always Sonigen modular and Kamioooka to use. I would prefer to donate money to a Dev who cares about what people want, not based on the size of their own monitor and assume everyone has the same.
Her opinion to me is - "screw those who don't have (or can't afford) a bigger screen"

Not very proffesional, even for a free plugin IMO.

AutoMotto wrote:
Nielzie wrote:
Most likely is a bug, sadly the Dev doesn't seem too interested to offer a reply. But never mind, there is always Sonigen modular and Kamioooka to use. I would prefer to donate money to a Dev who cares about what people want, not based on the size of their own monitor and assume everyone has the same.
Her opinion to me is - "screw those who don't have (or can't afford) a bigger screen"

I have a life so don't visit KVR every day. I'm sorry you feel this way.
I've made it clear from the start that I made Patchwork for my own use and am happy to offer it for free to anyone else who would like to use it.
It does all the things that I want but I am willing to make some changes (even if I'm personally not interested in using them) to help other users out.
But I am not going to customize it beyond my own needs.

My PC is an Asus Laptop at 1366x768 but I code on a HD monitor. If I reduce the entire GUI again I will probably get some posts from people with 4K monitors complaining that its too small. :bang:

I've spent some weeks rewriting the GUI code to accommodate advanced skinning.
With this new method any user can fully customize the GUI. Not by simply changing the graphics but also repositioning the GUI elements anywhere on a module.
So if anyone doesn't like my graphics or layout they can make their own.

You can...
Reposition the knobs, input/output plug holes switches and displays.
Re-skin every module background and the entire synth background.
Rewrite any module or control text.
Re-sizable GUI will probably come at some time in the future but I can't please everybody.

It's not just simply skinning. This is dermatology :lol:

In the meantime, if you don't like the synth I am giving you for free I too would recommend Sonigen.

Kirsty

AutoMotto wrote: Most likely is a bug, sadly the Dev doesn't seem too interested to offer a reply. But never mind, there is always Sonigen modular and Kamioooka to use. I would prefer to donate money to a Dev who cares about what people want, not based on the size of their own monitor and assume everyone has the same.

So you prefer that people who developed some nice stuff for their own needs doesn't release this to the public? I currently working on a vst-looper and made some design decisions based on my needs (e.g. all loops are mono), when I read such a comment as yours I think that it is maybe better just to use it for myself instead of investing the time into writing a manual etc..

I sense a disturbance in the thread...
Music can no longer soothe the worried thoughts of monarchs; it can only tell you when it's time to buy margarine or copulate. -xoxos
Discontinue use if rash or irritation develops.

I don't care about making it a different colour with shiny new knobs, all I want is for it to fit on my screen, not a massive request is it now ? my point is, in FL Studio 12.2 you can't move or delete any module in order to make it smaller (as a previous poster mentioned) If it is a bug and your not prepared to fix it, fair enough, it is perhaps a very good idea that you have developed it for your OWN use only.
Looking through the thread, there is, on more than one occasion that you have not answered many peoples issues, some have been ignored completely.
I do like the synth, if only it would fit my screen (and I assume MANY other users screens too) but as you say it's YOUR baby and you will do what ever you want with it - fair play.

@Klinke - I understand what you are saying, I have developed my own VST based on the Roland Jupiter 4, I have no plans to share it just like you have no plans to share yours, we all do what we want to do sir, but when a dev shares a plugin, they must be prepared for feedback (good or bad) if they cant take the feedback, don't publish the plugin, simple as that!
Last edited by AutoMotto on Wed Jan 13, 2016 9:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

AutoMotto wrote:@Klinke - I understand what you are saying, I have developed my own VST based on the Roland Jupiter 4, I have no plans to share it just like you have no plans to share yours, we all do what we want to do sir, but when a dev shares a plugin, they must be prepared for feedback (good or bad) if they cant take the feedback, don't publish the plugin, simple as that!
No, you didn't have understood what I am saying. I have already released something in the past as Open Source (an extension for Reaper/Mackie Control: see http://forum.cockos.com/showthread.php?t=81818). I totally disagree with your demand for any sort of support, and for sure if someone started to rant in a way to doing this here, for sure I would not react to this person or try to help him. Luckily I have never seen this behavior before.

8)

Good thing the developer provides a "money-back" guarantee to all dissatisfied users, eh?

:wink:
바보

kirsty roland wrote:
AutoMotto wrote:
Nielzie wrote:

I have a life so don't visit KVR every day. I'm sorry you feel this way.
I've made it clear from the start that I made Patchwork for my own use and am happy to offer it for free to anyone else who would like to use it.
It does all the things that I want but I am willing to make some changes (even if I'm personally not interested in using them) to help other users out.
But I am not going to customize it beyond my own needs.

My PC is an Asus Laptop at 1366x768 but I code on a HD monitor. If I reduce the entire GUI again I will probably get some posts from people with 4K monitors complaining that its too small. :bang:

I've spent some weeks rewriting the GUI code to accommodate advanced skinning.
With this new method any user can fully customize the GUI. Not by simply changing the graphics but also repositioning the GUI elements anywhere on a module.
So if anyone doesn't like my graphics or layout they can make their own.

You can...
Reposition the knobs, input/output plug holes switches and displays.
Re-skin every module background and the entire synth background.
Rewrite any module or control text.
Re-sizable GUI will probably come at some time in the future but I can't please everybody.

It's not just simply skinning. This is dermatology :lol:

In the meantime, if you don't like the synth I am giving you for free I too would recommend Sonigen.

Kirsty
:tu: :clap: Brilliant job on this synth and the GUI rewrite. Thank YOU so much, for this.

Doubtless some of the UI designer guru's will eventually pick-up on this and make some "suitable" skins available to those less inclined/gifted, or simply lacking the motivation to to accept, deal with, cope, or remedy a perceived limitation.

In the interim - ignoring iconic malcontents is an acquired skill-set, not a character flaw. Please do ~ carry on.
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Return to “Modular Synthesis”