Karmafx synth modular

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://karmafx.net/?id=1

I haven't read much about this, but I downloaded the demo and it seems pretty powerful - any users here?

can't find much info/discussions on it....
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Funny story. I downloaded the demo months ago and forgot about it. Demo expired, and I never got a chance to test it out.

I am waiting for version 2.

Kalamata Kid wrote:I am waiting for version 2.
Why?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:http://karmafx.net/?id=1

I haven't read much about this, but I downloaded the demo and it seems pretty powerful - any users here?

can't find much info/discussions on it....
Lots of users here, yes. But sadly not much "discussion". Checkout nearly any issue of Computer Music (the past two/three or so years, anyway) and you'll see it used extensively in Scot Solida's tutorials. There are some links to some of the articles on KarmaFx pages.

KarmaFx, and "the new kid" MUX (Mutools) both rock, and are very reasonably priced for what they offer... then of course there is ACE and Bazille (U-he), which are brilliant... and Sonigen (which is free).
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Thanks- I don't read computer music (just SOS) so hadn't gone accross it - I did a quick Kvr forum search and couldn't find anything. I guess we are spoilt - I have the UHE synths you mention, and NI reactor, Tassman (which is closer in my opinion) but I was realy impressed with Karma, probably worth the money just for a modular fx processor- it seems like a. Azure product with some realy cool modules and great sounding presets to show the off....the dev should get a Devs forum here at KVR and get some publicity!

I have and enjoy KarmaFX, it is 64 bit and cross-platform. I find its note controller (for polyphony), gate/triggering, and CV scaling options a little confusing compared to other software modulars. Would be nice to see more activity from developer, things like granular & wavetable modules would be great. Scot Solida's CM articles definitely opened my mind to KarmaFX' potential.

I still prefer Reaktor for its anything-goes possibilities, and VAZ modular for insane control/modulation options that are very easy to use.

I demo'd it at a time when I already had VAZ, Zebra, and Reaktor and nothing about it blew me away enough to purchase it, but I recommend it all the time for people who are just starting out in synthesis as a very clear way of learning synthesis.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

SLiC wrote:
Kalamata Kid wrote:I am waiting for version 2.
Why?
When short on cash and time best to wait and if waiting best to hope and to look for something bigger, newer, faster and better.

I never bought it but I used the demo loads - it definitely has its own character - very unique squidgy sounding filters. A bit cpu heavy though. Perhaps worth the asking price alone for the wonderful pad synth oscillator from Zynaddsubfx it incorporates (obviously you could dl zyn for free but it will run with much less hiccups in Karma).
Mastering from £30 per track \\\
Facebook \\\ #masteredbyloz

I think it's great but I have the PC version and need to pay to get it on my Macbook now.

Which kinda sucks.

Dev is quiet too, which in itself isn't an issue per se as it runs bug free, but who knows with the next round of OS updates etc.

Use it, love it, very underrated synth.

wagtunes wrote:Use it, love it, very underrated synth.
I kind of left it alone after I bought Bazille and XILS 4, but once I saw this thread I hauled it back out and I'm having a great time with it! A little less characterful than Aalto imo, lots of fun to program.
Ha ha suck it!

Return to “Modular Synthesis”