Reaktor Newscool question

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anyone tell me how to use the life sequencer in this ensemble to sequence third party plugins in eg Ableton? I understand that I need to delete the Newscool drum machine and create 8 midi outs to route out of , but I'm not getting it right. I know how to route the Reaktor midi between tracks in Ableton.

You're almost there by the sounds of things, I did this years ago and remember it being pretty simple and gave useful results.

Delete the instrument macro (something like NWSCL?) so you just have the Life macro with it's 8 outputs.
Add a MIDI out module (pitch / gate version).
Link the first Life output to the (G)ate input and a simple knob to the (P)itch input. Change the knobs parameters to go from 0 to 127 in whole steps.
Repeat above steps for the other seven outs (or as many as you need).

That's it in it's simplest form, pretty crude pitch selection but you can build from there (add flashing LED trigger, maybe global transpose features, box up each set of MIDI outs etc in it's own Macro for tidiness etc).

I *may* still have my modded version somewhere if you still have issues...

HTH.

Thanks GaryG I'm getting some results. Which knob value corresponds to c3?

I've jiggled around with the knob values and I've got it to work with Polyplex. Thanks for your help.

Great, glad you got it working.

c3 is generally 48 I think (c0 is 12 then twelve on top for each octave after). Though some DAWs label things differently (Tracktion?)

Return to “Modular Synthesis”