VCV Rack

Modular Synth design and releases (Reaktor, SynthEdit, Tassman, etc.)
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Loopus Modules Sonus Modular treasure 0.5 treasure free bundle VCV Rack

As a total noob to Mutable Instruments stuff (and not owning any hardware), would I be correct in assuming that the Texture Synthesiser is not quite finished yet? By which I mean the top section with the manual operated freeze buttons.

Would I be further correct in assuming that the Freeze & Trigger CV inputs are currently the only way to fill the module's buffer?

sonicstrav wrote:It's taken a long while to get more of these wired modulars
Here's an early one in 2002 which was abandoned
https://web.archive.org/web/20021209211 ... index.html

Shame this one doesn't even start
gWindow assertion failed
src/gui.cpp line 240
Please, note that this modular is still in (quite early) beta phase. The developer is very active, though, and if something is not working, please give him as much information as possible.

You can do so by opening an "issue" on his github site:

https://github.com/VCVRack/Rack

Cheers,
Martin

lnikj wrote:As a total noob to Mutable Instruments stuff (and not owning any hardware), would I be correct in assuming that the Texture Synthesiser is not quite finished yet? By which I mean the top section with the manual operated freeze buttons.

Would I be further correct in assuming that the Freeze & Trigger CV inputs are currently the only way to fill the module's buffer?
According to the VCVRack github page, the Texture Synthesizer is 70% finished. So, I guess we can expect some updates at some point.

martin_l wrote:
lnikj wrote:As a total noob to Mutable Instruments stuff (and not owning any hardware), would I be correct in assuming that the Texture Synthesiser is not quite finished yet? By which I mean the top section with the manual operated freeze buttons.

According to the VCVRack github page, the Texture Synthesizer is 70% finished. So, I guess we can expect some updates at some point.
Thanks for the info. Sorry, I'm not a dev, and I find github pages endlessly confusing.

sonicstrav wrote:It's taken a long while to get more of these wired modulars
Here's an early one in 2002 which was abandoned
https://web.archive.org/web/20021209211 ... index.html

Shame this one doesn't even start
gWindow assertion failed
src/gui.cpp line 240
What is your OS and graphics card? Does it have the latest drivers?

This might be fixed in the latest development branch for the future v0.4.0 release, or at least it'll tell you more information about why the application isn't launching.
VCV Rack, the Eurorack simulator

Someone has graciously lent me a Clouds to test, so it will be finished in about two weeks.

If there are any modules anyone owns from Mutable or Befaco and would lend it to me to port, finish, or fix, send me a PM. About to finish Mutable Frames and Befaco Rampage.

Is there any fear of takedowns from hardware manufacturers regarding the modelling of their modules, or is simulation different from any kind of copyright theft ? I'm just worried something as amazing as this will somehow get struck down by Eurorack, Mutable, Softtube etc ...

Everything you see in Rack has the "blessing" of its manufacturer to be ported, and I'm working with other new companies to develop more relationships in the future. Eurorack isn't a company. Softube doesn't have an exclusive right to emulate Eurorack.

vortico wrote:Everything you see in Rack has the "blessing" of its manufacturer to be ported, and I'm working with other new companies to develop more relationships in the future. Eurorack isn't a company. Softube doesn't have an exclusive right to emulate Eurorack.
Vortico, you are my hero! :hug:
This project is TOPNOTCH!
Is it possible to add Serge moduls? :oops:

It would definitely be possible to add Serge if I get the okay from the owner of the name and panels. What "flavor" should I go with? Random Source, Elby, Catalyst Audio, Serge Tcherepnin's original designs with Eurorack adopted panels? I don't have much experience with them other than playing with some new demos from Elby and from Catalyst being next to my Knobcon booth. The question is: what do people really mean when they say Serge?

vortico wrote:

Someone has graciously lent me a Clouds to test, so it will be finished in about two weeks.
Great :tu: Thanks (for everything!).

:pray: :pray: P¨lease, someone emulate this, please :pray: :pray:

http://www.rossum-electro.com/products/morpheus/

thank you over & over again! i love installation-less programs like this, to be up & making sound in less than a minute is great, although care must be taken, last night i was recording & desktop shut down while playing, maybe overheated? anyway great work!

vortico wrote:Everything you see in Rack has the "blessing" of its manufacturer to be ported, and I'm working with other new companies to develop more relationships in the future. Eurorack isn't a company. Softube doesn't have an exclusive right to emulate Eurorack.
That's incredible news - Thanks for the reply :)

Just created a Twitter for news, updates, and sneak peaks!

https://twitter.com/vcvrack

Return to “Modular Synthesis”