Cyanide Beta-testing feedback HERE

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

everyone who's beta-testing, please use this thread to post bugs...
  • I've allready found one : you can't use Cyanide 1 and 2 at the same time right now. You'll have to remove Cyanide v1.0 in order to use 2.0.
  • There might be a P4 denormal bug somewhere too, I'm looking into that one.
greetz,

- bram

I can already say that it doesn't work in Buzz and V1 worked ... :(

OMG Bram - that shaper is EVIL! :love: :lol: I never really used Cyanide 1 properly - I thought it was a compressor plug - d'oh!

I quickly tested in Cubasis v4, Fruityloops 3.56, Orion Plat demo, Cubase SX demo, Computer Muzys, Steinberg Remix (=Ableton Live), Wavelab Lite. Loads and works fine. :)
regards,
dunk

Okay it now works in Buzz !!
I would have liked to test it in SX but it seems it has lost some nuts and bolts and don't recognize the VST anymore, I will reinstall the bugger but have to move things and save before ...
I noticed a bad bug : when pre-amp is at minimum, at times it hangs and stutter very badly, noticed it too in VAZ modular ...
Otherwise, I've thrown 2 billions nodes and it survived + numerous harsh treatments and okay so far !! 8)
About features : why not a " ballistic " nodes mode or " spring " mode ?
The sine preview before-after is a great idea BTW !

i wasn't able to find ANY bugs yet. i'm running the latest FL on winXP... looks all good to me, besides that cyanide/cyanide2 conflict. :)

I'm running it in VST/32 5.2 pb1, and it's working like a charm for me...
no problems yet...knock wood (though the v1 vs. v2 bug was fixed before I encountered it)
it looks good and sounds GREAT!

Aaaah, Preset Perverter deserves a cookie :-)
He found one I didn't see...

You have found a denormalisation bug!!
Damn, it's not going to be too easy to fix that one...

everyone else, keep looking ;) ;) ;)

- bram

Always here for troubles !!! :lol: :lol:
Thanx for all the work ! 8)

Running smooth as glass so far in my Orion Platinum.:) Still can't get it to MIDI Learn, or 'Link to Next Controller' in Orion-ese. That would be great if Cyanide parameters could do that!:) Aside from that, it's that good beefy chunk of heft that really pounds out a kit. I really like the GUI and displays on this as well. Though I'm not familiar nor could hear any dofferences with the over sampling feature. What's that for? :?

But really like the upgrade Bram, you're one smart cookie!:)

Hey Bram, I was able to run both Cyanide and Cyanide2 in Wavelab at the same time. I can even feed Cyanide into Cyanide2!
So far no problems..

Sorry, but I can't find any bug.

Hiya Bram

I've just been trying out the newest beta version the 1st thing that stands out is that i can now hear the immediate changes when adjusting the parameters in the main window , very nice indeed i was gonna say something about that in the earlier builds but i knew ud sort that out :wink:

In CubaseSX it seems to work peachy, im using it as an insert on a drumtrack and a send effect with no problems so far , auotmation is fine too !

I'll explore further and keep u posted

Thx :D

TMA2k

Bug in the GUI:

When I load a preset the spline isn't updated. (Wavelab 4) Haven't tested in other hosts, yet.

Thanks for the quick post this morn Bram - will give it a shot over the weekend.:)

Cyanide in WaveLab? Ouch, you nasty with your baaaaad self! :lol:
Just got me 4 as well, but have kept all SmartE stuff in Orion with a link to the comps and amps in WaveLab. WaveLab can't do that vice versa, right?
A copy n' paste I'll go, a copy 'n paste I'll go - Hi Ho the merry... Oooh, pardon me. :oops:

I've thrown everything I could think of at it...
Cubase VST/32 5.2PB1
I haven't encountered ANY bugs
it sounds GREAT and the presets are NICE!!!

Return to “Smart Electronix”