Smart E's and AU Super-Stardom?

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was just curious what the general consensus of the Smart Electronics collective was on AUs, and whether I could, should or would expect to see AU versions of these wonderful plugins?

I know mr.destroyfx is on my side, but I'd love to see Bram's vst's get ported as well.

Ohh well, just curious.

hey Anarcho,

well, dunno if you've checked recently, but some of my plugins HAVE been ported to AU's...
Not all of them tho :| but seriously, it's quite a bit of work.

cheers!

- bram

anarchosyn wrote:I was just curious what the general consensus of the Smart Electronics collective was on AUs, and whether I could, should or would expect to see AU versions of these wonderful plugins?
I know mr.destroyfx is on my side ...
Well, up to now, we've been depending on the goodwill of mr.destroyfx to build AU versions of our plugins. And he has always done that with pleasure for my KTGranulator (thanks again for that Marc).
Of course, the thing is that in order to build AU versions ourselves, we need a Mac and a compiler (CodeWarrior I guess) which is where the donations come in ;-) Now, Bram and I both live in Ghent, so maybe we could share one (I get the machine, he gets the packaging, of course, hehe...)
No seriously, if people really like AU versions, we'll try to give'em to you (if the main code is separated from the VST code, it is rather easy to do anyway, as I was told by Marc)!
Koen

*ahem* A little bird just told me that a VST to AU convertor is being made and that it's 90% finished. *ahem*

you haven't heard it from me.

* looks around suspiciously *
* hides *

- bram

birds can be quite polite, nowadays! :)

I´m shure the bird ment a tool for developers to port vst´s to au´s not for users to simply drag and drop their old vst´s on this new app and...voila, there you go with your AU! :hihi: :clown:
peace, Image

No.

An ADAPTER.

That means it's an AU-effect, which you can load in Logic (for example). Then inside this effect, you just pick a VST-effect eh voila.

We PC users have been doing that for ages with *cough* CRAP *cough* DirectX effects.

- bram

oki, so this will work for carbonized vst´s that won´t get ported to au, right?
peace, Image

hey,

it will work for both carbonized and mach-o vsts.
(which means u can be up and running NOW instead of waiting for devs to do the port) and -da little bird again- it will seamlessly load VST plugis and instruments.

That is: you'll see the plugins/instruments in logic as if they were true audio units!

- bram

Bram wrote:hey,

it will work for both carbonized and mach-o vsts.
(which means u can be up and running NOW instead of waiting for devs to do the port) and -da little bird again- it will seamlessly load VST plugis and instruments.

That is: you'll see the plugins/instruments in logic as if they were true audio units!

- bram
:o :shock: :o :shock: WHAT!?!?!! :o :shock: :o :shock:

Bram wrote: it will work for both carbonized and mach-o vsts.
... sorry, but i nearly got a heartattack and nerve system breakdown when i read that! ... bram ... if this thing really will come up and work ... then it´s a revolution to me! boah! man! ouh! ppfffff! hsuaug! tings9rohih!

let this be true .... please .... little bird go for it! :hihi:

putte

That smart hurricane!!!

Didn't know he'd be that far. 90%? Really?

Does this mean as an excuse for not bringing out his other stuff in AU flavour? - I hope not. I definately want his rhythm device in pure AU.

I should have asked him in Frankfurt, but he wouldn't let me say anything...

Cheers,

;) Urs

I've just checked today's date....it isn't the 1st of April yet...so...

WOW!! Unbelievable!!:-)

wow, guys, those are some awsome news!!!! :D :) :D :) :D :)

...so, where does this bird live? :roll: :wink:
peace, Image

:hihi: .... me stupido thought that "mach-o" means os9-vst´s ... still, this wrapper will be topcool! :D

hey putz! :)

..so what´s mach-o?...(me stupido, too :hihi: )
peace, Image

Return to “Smart Electronix”