Smart Electronix MJ Compressor

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings fellow KVRer's:

I would like to use the MJ Compressor for a few applications (getting those peaks right where I want em, and getting those dirty guitars and thumpy drums I like), and I could really use help with answers to these questions:

What are the SD Liste and Drive parameters capable of?

Is there a way to bypass its pass filters?

How does one go about finely tuning settings on the sliders of the MJ Compressor?

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given!

Side HP, Side LP and SD liste are parameters for the internal sidechain filter. Seems like SD liste only turns the monitoring of the sidechain filter on/off and turns off the compressor part, of course. So in the sidechain monitoring mode you can use it as a nice HP/LP filter. It also makes some noise. :) Shame you can't turn on the saturation when in this sidechain monitoring mode since its saturation sounds nice.

If you put the HP to its lowest value, and LP to its highest value, you're almost turning the SC filters off. btw. when you're not monitoring it ["SD liste" off] your sound passes unfiltered, it's just the sidechain detector that gets filtered. ;) Having a DC/HP filter always turned on is not a bad thing, though...

It's a very interesting compressor. It also forces you to use your ears instead of eyes, which is a very good thing, since we're not painters or designers but musicians and audio engineers. ;) :lol:

Even though, judging by the number of posts about GUIs, one would think we are designers or painters, rather than musicians and audio engineers. :lol:

Cheers!

p.s. I wonder what "Hilbert" parameter does, though! :lol: It sounds smoother when the attack and release times are short. Kinda like "S-Release" in some compressors. Interesting, I found an old KVR thread about it: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=154629
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Hi, newbie here, hope you can help.. asking for recommendations on brand and specs for MJ compressor that doesnt break the bank..using for start up gig and small events.

thanks in advance.

athena

Return to “Smart Electronix”