NyquistEq released!

Official support for: smartelectronix.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

magnus@se wrote:I don't want to clutter the gui too much, I think it has a certain elegance in it's simplicity.
Definitely.

Forever,

Kim.

I got some time over from the summer holidays and as a result:
The song loading bug has now been fixed! Very Happy

You can get the update on my homepage: http://magnus.smartelectronix.com/

PS. It is backwards compatible with the first release so any song you made with it will now load without hazzle.

this thing sounds great and automation works very smooth too. i love it :love: however, since i can see all parameters ableton live, i was wondering if you could elaborate about the eq types (magnus a, magnus b and orfanidi). there seems to be some sonic difference between them...

Magnus A, Magnus B and Orfanidi are three different solutions to the problem:

Make a digital peaking filter that is as close as possible to an analog filter (in terms of frequency response). This is easy for the low frequencies but many digital eqs fail bad in the treble at acheiving this.

Orfanidis is the solution published by Sophocles Orfanidis in http://www.ece.rutgers.edu/~orfanidi/intro2sp/

Magnus A and Magnus B are my two gos at solving the problem.

They all three have advantages and disadvantages, but those are best left to the ear to judge imho:)

cool, thanks for the info.

great EQ. any chance to get version with 6 bands ?

You could place two of them in series :D

Alright, since many have asked for more bands, here's a poll: http://www.kvr-vst.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 487#751487

magnus@se wrote: The frequency axis starts at 10 Hz and ends at 20 kHz.
The lines are as follows (all in Hz):
10 (the very left), 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90,
100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900,
1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000,
10000, 20000 (the very right)
I think there's a missing line in the eq then? (Or my counting is very bad.)

It's not my intention to be too demanding/critical, since I'm already pretty happy with a great plugin you made, but: me too would find numbers to indicate the freqs very useful.

I see that right now the UI is maybe a bit too small for adding the numbers, but I'd definitely like also a bigger one.

Thanks!

Oops, you're right :oops: . The very left is 20 Hz, not 10 Hz! So, it should be

20 (the very left), 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90,
100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900,
1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000,9000,
10000, 20000 (the very right)

:D Thanks! Sorry for the confusion.

Downloaded the EQ, using Audacity. Can it be used in it, and EQ settings saved? Thanks

Just upgraded to Adobe Audition now, Audacity is what inspired me to get a more powerful program. but for free, I have nothing but prase for Audacity. Anyways, goting to use the EQ in Audition.

magnus, it would be nice if you at least added a little numerical display on a strip below it all... isnt that possible? i mean you could even click on it and disable the numbers if possible...

the main reason being, is some people don't like their host's native EQ's, and this being a perfect free replacement (more or less the only decent free parametric eq out there), it would benefit professionals to have at least the display of numbers for the nodes when clicked upon. Maybe you could make a plugin that is separate that has these requests?

RonC

Besr free ever!!
any update??

N :)

Someone asked what Q was:

Q = center frequency of the filter, divided by the bandwidth of the filter. Bandwidth is usually defined by the points where the filter response crosses over 3 dB of either attenuation or gain, depending on whether you are cutting or boosting.

Higher Q = more narrow filter.

Put Voxengo's SPAN right before and after this EQ for a nice 'see what you did to the sound' display tool.

-Scott

Return to “Smart Electronix”