Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New What is KVR? Submit News Advertise
declassified
KVRian

1224 posts since 24 May, 2004, from Germany

Postby declassified; Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:51 pm

I have been using this for some time and I really like it, but I think there are a few points that could be improved:

- We need magnitude zooming. The slider on the left should change the sensitivity of the amplitude axis. If turned all the way up, the graph would display a range of 0dB to -40dB, if turned all the way down, it would display 0dB to -100dB. Right now the graph appears too "flat", even if a signal (such as a snare) actually has significant peaks.

- At slow refresh rates, the graph jumps between seemingly random snapshots of time that don't really tell a lot about the signal. At fast refresh rates, it moves so fast that it's very hard to read. The "peak hold" curve is much smoother and better; I usually just look at that, but it's quite hard to read because of the colour...maybe there is a way to make the normal curve behave a little smoother? :)

Again, this is a very great plugin already and it's generous to give it away for free! :) If you can fix these points, I'll be happy to make a donation. :)
wjmwpg
KVRer

17 posts since 30 Apr, 2011, from Winnipeg MB

Postby wjmwpg; Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:58 am

zmix wrote:FYI: Logic does not read, use or understand VST plugins or instruments.

You will need to use a VST to AU Wrapper... (google that term).

Has anyone been able to get Fre(a)koscope successfully wrapped from VST to AU and running in Logic? I have two different VST to AU wrapping programs, and neither will wrap Fre(a)koscope - but it seems they'll wrap anything else!

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I really could use this plug-in!

:help:
vic_france
KVRian

633 posts since 16 Mar, 2002, from Paris

Postby vic_france; Sun May 01, 2011 5:44 am

(btw, I can confirm that FXpansion's VST to AudioUnit Adapter does't succeed in wrapping the Fre(a)koscope VST)

I have just discovered that it does... almost!.. work in Cubase 5 Mac and also in Cubase 6 (32-bit mode only, obviously).. on OS X 10.6.7 here..
It loads o.k. but doesn't appear to be displaying any data. I discovered, purely by accident, that it works o.k. so long as I keep the mousebutton pressed over one of the GUI's knobs!

I'd certainly make pals with PayPal for an updated version of Fre(a)koscope! ;)
I did get a life,once...but it was faulty, so I sent it back.
wjmwpg
KVRer

17 posts since 30 Apr, 2011, from Winnipeg MB

Postby wjmwpg; Sun May 01, 2011 8:24 am

vic_france wrote:(btw, I can confirm that FXpansion's VST to AudioUnit Adapter does't succeed in wrapping the Fre(a)koscope VST)

I'd certainly make pals with PayPal for an updated version of Fre(a)koscope! ;)

I second that motion! My finger's on the Paypal trigger just waiting for a Fre(a)koscope update that I can run on my mac!
Nanakai
KVRian

580 posts since 3 Oct, 2011

Postby Nanakai; Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:08 pm

Just wanted to throw my voice in here. I am ready to put my money in your pocket for an AU version so i can run this in Logic.
antelectro
KVRer

4 posts since 10 Sep, 2015

Postby antelectro; Thu Sep 10, 2015 5:00 pm Re: the Fre(a)koscope: FEATURE REQUEST here

Hello,

I'm a beginner in audio,

Just got Welsh's synth cookbook, and he uses Freakoscope throughout, I would love to use it too ! But my daw is 64 bit :/

Is it possible to have it in 64 bit ? Does a 64 bit version exist, or can one be made ?

It would be really great !

Merci ! :)
jdubiner
KVRer

1 post since 30 Nov, 2015

Postby jdubiner; Mon Nov 30, 2015 9:10 am Re: the Fre(a)koscope: FEATURE REQUEST here

I'm also working through the exercises in Walsh's Synth Cookbook, and I'd like to be able to use the Fre(a)koscope on my Max. 2014MBP / Intel / 64bit.

I would be willing to recompile the binary for 64 bit if the source is available.

Thanks

-- Joel
urospetkovic
KVRer

1 post since 23 Mar, 2017

Postby urospetkovic; Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:44 am Re: the Fre(a)koscope: FEATURE REQUEST here

I can't make it work on my Mac, running Yosemite 10.10.5 with Cubase 8.5. Works on Windows but here not, any ideas?
Previous

Moderator: Bram

Return to Smart Electronix