A small "Waveterm" for Terratec Komplexer (and other products)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone soft wrote:
Karten wrote:I must be blind but I can't find the download like for the latest version (2.26 I think).
But for anyone else wondering sometime later on the latest version should be i n the most current signature of its maker, blacktomcat666.
That doesn't appear to be true any more.

What's the current best place to get the latest, or better yet, the place to find out what the latest version is, and where to get it? Just read this thread backwards?

http://dl.dropbox.com/s/1y0d88ts8zy1um7/Audio-Term.zip

This link leads always to the latest version (2.27 at the moment). If one already has Audio - Term installed and leaves "Look for updates on boot", the software will tell you when there's a newer version. Or you press the "Update" button to run a manual update request.

There will only be some minor bugfixes but no major updates, because I'm working on Audio - Term II now. I'm still not sure whether I will share this new project or not. I'd like to make something which fits my personal needs and I don't think that this will be 'compatible' to other people's expectations.
Last edited by blacktomcat666 on Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thank you for the info, and for doing this in the first place.

It's fine if you don't want to say of course, but I'm curious what features you want in v2 that you think won't work well for other people.

Well, it's more the "lack of features". AT II will be the "one and only" application of my old DAW computer, turning this old machine into a kind of hardware synth. I'd rather build a true hardware machine, but unfortunately I have no idea of electronic components and also no money. :lol:

Althoug the realtime part can be loaded into a VST host, the dll itself will have no GUI, automation or what people expect a VST to have. Everything will be controlled from the terminal application (similar to the Synclavier Terminal) and realtime modulation will be only available using midi controllers. Further only one instance is allowed. Similar to what you can do with an early digital hardware synth. This project has it's main focus on my personal fun, but not on a 'product'.

Interesting, thanks for sharing.

Just a thought: I bet there's set of people who'd be very interested in a toolkit that let you build and customize your own standalone instrument like this :)

Well, I'm not a professional programmer - and probably never will be. I know how to code in C and how to use SIMD intrinsics... but my C++ knowledge is still quite poor. So this project is a wild mix of programming styles, at least in the current stage. (Design paradigms? Seen, but not purchased... :lol:)

Until know it works stable and also efficient, but the code doesn't look nice and it also doesn't follow the so - called 'best practices'. And the structure is completely different from what I've seen in other programmers code examples ... I don't know whether this would be the right starting point for offering a kind of toolkit. :wink:

Understood :)

But we all start somewhere, and shipping is good, so don't knock yourself too hard. I haven't tried v1 yet, just found out about it recently, but from what I can tell, people say it works, and find it useful.

Anyway, your efforts are appreciated, good luck with wherever you decide to take this.

blacktomcat666 wrote:http://dl.dropbox.com/s/1y0d88ts8zy1um7/Audio-Term.zip

This link leads always to the latest version (2.27 at the moment). If one already has Audio - Term installed and leaves "Look for updates on boot", the software will tell you when there's a newer version. Or you press the "Update" button to run a manual update request.

There will only be some minor bugfixes but no major updates, because I'm working on Audio - Term II now. I'm still not sure whether I will share this new project or not. I'd like to make something which fits my personal needs and I don't think that this will be 'compatible' to other people's expectations.
Glad to see this was updated, been having much fun with the older version.
Keep up the good work.
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Does anyone have any experience (or advice) of exporting wavetables from Audioterm into Breaktweaker?

I have had a little success, in case anyone is interested...

1. export wavetable from Audioterm as a wav file (file format 03),
2. then load the file into an audio editor (I use Audacity),
3. copy the audio to a new channel to make a stereo file,
4. export as a raw file, format 32 bit float (it needs to be little endian I think, but there's no option to select this when exporting in Audacity - I don't really understand any of this stuff :? ),
5. rename the file extension to .wavetable,
6. and then copy the file to the Breaktweaker wavetables directory
(in "Users>[Username]>Appdata>Roaming>izotope" on my Win7 system)

These wavetables can then be loaded into Breaktweaker and seem to work fairly smoothly.

I've had even better success if I slow the samples down in Audacity before I export them, e.g. slowing down to 1/8th of the original speed, (thereby lowering the pitch at the same time).

I'm not sure if there's a better or more reliable way to do this, or if there's some way to edit the file format in Audioterm and avoid using Audacity altogether.

What language is use to write Audioterm?

abstractcats wrote:What language is use to write Audioterm?
blacktomcat666 wrote: The software is part of my MS DOS Transwave Term project, wich is controled via light pen. :)
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

BTW @ blacktomcat666:

How is the project of your AudioTerm version 2.0, which was supposed to be like a poor man's Synclavier?

I'd love to know how it's going. The first details and sounds posted were really promising.
Fernando (FMR)

Meanwhile it sounds even better - but I'm thinking about cancelling the project at all.

Figured it, user error.
Never mind!

How does one go about running a XFORM, saving the results,
but then bringing in the resultant wave back into make into a Blofeld wavetable.

I have manually copied the resultant XFORM wave back into SAMPLES directory, but
when I reload Audioterm, it does not see the file.

Is it because the XFORM does not save it as 32 bit floating point?

Thanks

XFORM is a special type of wavetable (broadband resultion with up to 65536 harmonics per slot) which only works with VAZ products.

AudioTerm moves the files because it is a XFORM wavetable and not a plain sample.

Return to “Soundware”