A small "Waveterm" for Terratec Komplexer (and other products)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone tested the BWC files from audio-term with the Blofeld?

Version 1.4 is online... but please make a copy of your old *.exe.

Since my last post there where some changes:

- bug fixes as usual ;)

- some minor gui changes

- browsers now show all files in a directory and provide more detailed information about the data and/or the reason, why a file cannot be read by Audio-Term.

- you can now use the "phase lock" feature for a single harmonic envelope (phase lock removes sudden jumps in the harmonic polarity and makes the sound more "stable")

- changed wave header for internal playback, this could solve the no sound problem on some machines (but I couldn't test this so far, since it's running fine on all of my 6 computers)

- wavetable resynthesis now can be pitch adapted in the range of +/- 2 octaves and adjusted in harmonic contrast (so you can get more useful wavetables from sounds which are not tuned to F3) and you get a visual and acoustic preview of your adjustments:

The internal playback of the editor remains on F3, so don't be surprised when a sound has a completely different pitch after the analyzing process. If you don't like the shifted preview, you can turn it off by pressing the "P_ADAPT" button - then only formants change. There's also a test sound (the shifted fundamental sine wave) available.

Hope this version works well (on Win XP it does ;) ), but as I said: make a backup of your old *.exe (later versions will do this for you, but at the moment you have to do this manually).

Thank you, BlackTomcat, as usual! I can't wait to test it! But first I have to regenerate. ;)

btw. I just downloaded v1.39 a few hours ago. :)

Cheers!
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Thank you for your dedication to this lovely piece of software. :) Sorry to report the latest version (Version 1.4) isn't working for me on 64-bit Windows 7. :( It consequently freezes up in KTERM mode, any attempt to audition a wavetable in progress freezes it up. I haven't experienced any such problems with earlier versions (only used AudioTerm 1.0, 1.2, 1.21, 1.3 & 1.33 though, and a couple of the "old" Komplex-Terms). Is there anything I can do to help figuring out why?

Hi blacktomcat666,

Audio Term 1.4 crashes when clicking on PRELIS if i load a WT- or bwc-File.. No sound output.
Version 1.3 works fine.
Piet

Please try 1.41 ...yes, version numbers are increasing rapidly. *g*

I replaced the new wave header with the old one.

I think I cannot build a further version until monday afternoon, but I hope that some of the problems are solved now. It's a very strange effect, because the debugger and the cpp checker found no mistakes and the software is running fine in XP. :? Most of these problems are caused by buffer / array size overruns, but there's nothing like this and it wouldn't work in neither in XP nor in another OS. Very strange... sorry. :(

blacktomcat666 wrote:Please try 1.41 ...yes, version numbers are increasing rapidly. *g*

I replaced the new wave header with the old one.

I think I cannot build a further version until monday afternoon, but I hope that some of the problems are solved now. It's a very strange effect, because the debugger and the cpp checker found no mistakes and the software is running fine in XP. :? Most of these problems are caused by buffer / array size overruns, but there's nothing like this and it wouldn't work in neither in XP nor in another OS. Very strange... sorry. :(
Yeah. It works fine. No crashes. Audio works again. Thanks for your great work. :clap:

blacktomcat666 wrote:Here's a small demonstration video of some new features, which will be available the next weeks: First a sample is looped and "stereofied" and then multiplicated with a drum loop. Computing the sounds is very slow because of the ressource consumption of the video capturing software.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qX8HIyCMBc
:love:

Awesome!!! Thank you sooo much, for this application.

:clap:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

It's *the shizzz* yay! :)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Version 1.42 online. This update is the last one which doesn't make a automatic backup copy of the previous version,so please make a backup manually.

Changes:

- 16/32 Bit playback mode, a further attempt to solve the "no sound" error on some systems - please tell me, that it works.. ;) ...hm okay, also tell me if it crashes or if it has no effect (and tell me, on which page/command/action this happens)

- wavetable/bwc import bug fixed (the SEDIT Page was unusable after importing such files ...sorry :roll:)

- 'fail safe' memory allocation (hoping, that you'll never see the "error/restarting" message)

- bug in update routine fixed

- a copy of the previous installed *.exe will be saved on every update run (see [install dir]//data//backup), this is the last time you have to do this manually

- wave2wavetable analysis has now a kind of "FFT window compensator", which reduces artifacts caused by the window function when pitching the fundamental below 12 semitones

blacktomcat666 wrote:Version 1.42 online.
Link please. :wink:
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

Thank you

Thank you for the update, Blacktomcat! Cheers!

Here's another sound example, this time it's made with the SLOOP and XMRPH functions. Not very musical (only some randomly chosen samples from my library), but it demonstrates how to use XMRPH for spectral fades and SLOOP for building drones and seamless looped sounds. Both sections will be expanded in future.

http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/11/26 ... thesis.mp3

Return to “Soundware”