Who can identify synth in the song?

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

can you tell which synth do they use in this song https://youtu.be/T3ShRM7mHZY or how to get pad with the same sound?
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

I'm not sure what you're calling a 'pad sound'. There is a jangly guitar arpeggio, a bass, some percussion, some kind of keyboard lead, and a vocal sample. It's possible that the latter is a synth, but to me it sounds more like a treated vocal sample loop.

That's right i have meant probably the lead sound sounding like flute and there is some female treated vocals perhaps which sounds like a pad with a very low volume. How did they make such a spacious sound in this song i wonder. Different layers of frequencies are so clearly heard!
samplitude is the best daw for me. To have studio like sound before asking questions on any audio forums in the internet please read the book by alex unlocking fx creative potential

I'd bid goodbye to the perception that anyone would be able to identify a synth based on a sound hear in a track. If it was a very, very simple sound, then, maybe. But not with such a multi layered, dampened sound like the one in the video. Noone will be able to tell. It's not even sure that it is actually a synth. If i had to guess, then i'd rather say it's a couple of samples.

You should listen to some flac of this song because video has low quality. They definitely used some hardware synth because the description of the band clearly says they have used synths and by the timbral character of the lead it's heard like it's a synth. They could use any hw synth available in 1999 but i have tried several software synths and could not get such a lead. If you load some mystical choir even synthesized you can get approximately the pad they have but still their pad is like airly and alive, felt like waves of hot air in a desert or other places and i guess that it could be also a synthesized pad because it's not static, it's swelling and shrinking perhaps, and in 1999 there hardly could be any complex automation because pcs were not so poweful, so it's not a sample. Interestingly, their pad sounds like it fills the entire space, all between frequencies of other instruments. Anyway if anyone could reproduce that lead and pad and give the recipe here I would be grateful.

Return to “Soundware”