Feature Request - CC Faders "Takeover Mode"

Official support for: rogerlinndesign.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi Roger and Geert,

It would be great if CC faders had a takeover mode (or crossfade time). When the CC faders split is relatively small (< 8 grid units), it's hard not to get a "jump" in value each time I make a change. It can be pretty noticeable when controlling volume in particular.

Thanks,
-Eric

Bumping this. Just checked out the implementation for this Launchpad Pro. Check out how the velocity of a press controls the crossfade time of the volume faders. This would be AMAZING to have for CC faders on the LinnStrument.

https://youtu.be/qZRz5iQA_Yw

I think you're asking for the CC Fader output to gradually change from the previous value to the newly-touched value, correct?

That is usually accomplished in sliders and knobs by a Relative mode, in which control movements add to or subtract from the previous value. In the case of CC Faders, a new touch with leftward movement would decrement the previous value and a new touch with rightward movement would increment the previous value.

The use of velocity in Launchpad Pro seems a somewhat cumbersome kludge for its lack of any continuous controls.

Roger_Linn wrote:That is usually accomplished in sliders and knobs by a Relative mode, in which control movements add to or subtract from the previous value. In the case of CC Faders, a new touch with leftward movement would decrement the previous value and a new touch with rightward movement would increment the previous value.
That's something I'm searching for!

Return to “Roger Linn Design”